New R Model Interior Kits Soon For Sale

AZB755V8

19 minutes ago, david wild said:

I will buy and do you make anything for the CH like something nicer than the stock Mack stuff, 

Just starting up and the R model I have patterns for.

Other interiors I would have to see a few photos and get an old interior to work from. First is the R model.

20 minutes ago, david wild said:

well I honestly believe you better have some spare time because I know lot of people who all have looked for custom interiors for the RD, Daycab co. does everybody but Mack, I would expect you will  be real popular.

I talked to the Daycab company recently and they Only do Peterbilt, Kenworth and Western Star. Anywhere between $1500-2500. No Mack... I am a Mack guy and don't really have interest in what they do so all is good. I am just trying to figure out how popular producing interiors for 20 year old plus truck will be. Machinery cost $$ and have work to pay for it is nice to know before hand. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quickfarms said:

Is the headliner the full headliner or is it meant to use the plastic shelf in the front?

Can make it ether way, long or short! It will not be the preformed plastic insert. The backer is plastic instead of cardboard. Just have to screw or Ultra High Bond 3M double side tape it in. Using the plastic backer works great for two reasons, it does not distort with moisture and tape sticks to it real good. It is also more expensive than cardboard.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dirtymilkman said:

These guys in Australia build them, but kinda pricey. TYLDEN HERITAGE

Yes I know that but I am talking about the USA and $1500 for a set. Most things can be gotten from somewhere if you want to pay the price then add shipping. Then have a problem and try and return it, LOL.

Add that together and it is really pricey and far more than I am talking by at least twice the $$$$.

Besides the AUS drive on the other side of the road, don't know if that would make a big difference. It would in kick panels and carpet.

I got Superliner front fender flares from AUS years ago. Paid $350 for the parts and $600 for shipping because of dimensional weight, actual weight was 12 pounds. If that is any indication shipping to the USA would be over $1000 for an interior kit now. Shipper will hits you up for the difference once it is delivered to you!

Really just asking if there was an interest if I started making kits to justify the expense of the equipment. I'm looking for customers, Ya Know :banana:

Edited by AZB755V8

since the panels are basically the same, maybe possible to do up a 700 series interior kit for Brockway. I know I'd be interested in a kit.........I'll try to post pics of what they look like, unless someone beats me to the punch..............

I would invest and I'm sure there are others, no one builds anything to customize Macks chrome do dads and crap mean nothing, but  custom interiors are the bomb, I believe you will look back at your hesitation and laugh when you are buried in back orders, if you need investors to cover start up and want silent partners say the word. 

3 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

I am interested in a kit for my 1975 Mack.

What can be done about the dash? I have a nice used one to install but I think it will look bad with a truly new interior.

Want color is your dash? I have a grey that will match it better than anything from the factory. There are some good spray on dye colors to freshen up any dash. I have to see but the material I use maybe can be glued to an existing dash with a little heating & stretching. 

10 hours ago, 761 Brock said:

since the panels are basically the same, maybe possible to do up a 700 series interior kit for Brockway. I know I'd be interested in a kit.........I'll try to post pics of what they look like, unless someone beats me to the punch..............

Don't think it would be that hard if I had templates. Was it the same cab as an R model?

1 hour ago, david wild said:

I would invest and I'm sure there are others, no one builds anything to customize Macks chrome do dads and crap mean nothing, but  custom interiors are the bomb, I believe you will look back at your hesitation and laugh when you are buried in back orders, if you need investors to cover start up and want silent partners say the word. 

I'm not into do-dads or Whitney mail order ether. I do like chrome just not those big bumpers. I could do some nice things in stitching for interiors though. I don't do seats but can supply the stitched material to match the interior. 

I am working on two companies to drum up work not related to interior kits. If one of them comes though I am going to take the plunge. 

• Like 1

Want color is your dash? I have a grey that will match it better than anything from the factory. There are some good spray on dye colors to freshen up any dash. I have to see but the material I use maybe can be glued to an existing dash with a little heating & stretching. 

My dash is tan

Can you send me some pictures of what you have