Parting out U685T

Fuel tanks, someone please take them.  Air tanks, have a spare hood that's in great shape.  All I plan to keep is frame, engine, and power steering. Trans will likely get kept if no one wants.  Aluminum 5 speed behind the 237.

Apologies, Southeastern PA. Chalfont to be precise. Planning on gutting the truck this week, so I'll PM my cell # to interested parties.  Don't want claimed pieces to sit here long, so I'd prefer local boys to pick things up promptly, helps me keep from tripping over things.

12 minutes ago, Quickfarms said:

Do you have a 9 x 20 air tank?

I see 3 air tanks in the pictures, could easily have a 9x20 there.  I'll check, but I expect freight wouldn't be cheap from PA to CA

I would be I interested I  the cab and doors.  Hood also if available.  Could pickup with gooseneck trailer or rollback if you have a way to load. Please send me pm.  Thanks.  Carey Leitch, Fredericksburg, Va. (50 miles south of wash., DC)

Radiator would fit an r685, at least 2 of my R's, my DM, and this U model all have the same radiator. Late 60's to '80.  Not sure if the radiator in my 1988 R690 is the same, I know my 95 RD is different.  Check your messages.

Edited by JoeH

2 minutes ago, steelman said:

I would be I interested I  the cab and doors.  Hood also if available.  Could pickup with gooseneck trailer or rollback if you have a way to load. Please send me pm.  Thanks.  Carey Leitch, Fredericksburg, Va. (50 miles south of wash., DC)

Loading is easy. Take your pick, 1970s Case wheel loader, 1964? Oliver white  2-44FL,  or late 1960s or early 1970s R685ST crane.  Cab is really rough, but if you want it I'll be gentle.  My dad plowed with the truck for years. 

KIMG0768~2.JPG

7 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

Also the brackets off of the tank under the battery box is it is 9” diameter

It's 10x24, about 27" end to end. 24" weld to weld. Small tank is 7x14, about 17 end to end.

Large tank is 12x 24, about 30 end to end.

What’s it have for a rear end? Specifically the carrier and ratio. I’m looking for a CRD 117 in about a 4.50 ratio. But, I’d take the whole axle if it’s easier.

Edited by mattb73lt
  • Like 1

Yarnall called first dibs on the rear axle, if he doesn't want it you can have it. 

Top Top line 425

Top line. 11KH-415JCP. Several digits questionable

Lower line reads 117        614753  unsure about the 6.

Rated at 19,040 lbs

Vin u685t13101

Dad says it was a triple A truck, no idea who they were. 

13 hours ago, JoeH said:

Yarnall called first dibs on the rear axle, if he doesn't want it you can have it. 

Top Top line 425

Top line. 11KH-415JCP. Several digits questionable

Lower line reads 117        614753  unsure about the 6.

Rated at 19,040 lbs

Vin u685t13101

Dad says it was a triple A truck, no idea who they were. 

Ok, no problem. Looks like that is a 4.25(?) ratio. Let me know if Yarnell doesn’t take it as could come down and get it anytime.