photo's

davehummell

You can do it two ways Dave.

When your in the box typing your post, look down below where it says "drag files here to attach or choose files".   If you click "choose file" it will open a new box on your screen that will allow you to pick a file from your computer and it will download it to the site and attach it to your post.

OR you can open an account at places like Postimage.org.  It's free to sign up and it will hold all your pictures(once you download them there) so you can post them anyplace.  I don't recall what the file limit is here at BMT, but there is limitations and once you reach that you can't download anymore pictures to BMT. 

I use Postimage.  Once you have them there you just click a link at postimage and then "paste" it into your post.

Like this:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

It sounds confusing, but once you do it a couple times, it really is simple(even if you have to write down the list of steps it takes).

• Like 1

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Downloading direct to the site has it's issues sometimes.  Linking is easier because you aren't relying on the site to hold the whole photo file.  Though if the hosting site fails, so does the picture.  I lost a ton of photos when Photo bucket tried to strong arm a big yearly fee. I closed my account and all my posts from years ago lost the picture links I posted.

• Sad 1

Larry

13 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Thanks.  I've got the hood off presently and dropping them off to my painter friend for some much needed repair.  One step at a time.

Is that your racecar hauler?? How do you have it titled, historic or RV?? Or commercial non business tags?

On 12/6/2019 at 6:13 AM, davehummell said:

I would love to post some pictures on this site but I haven't a clue I have a smart phone? and a desk top computer and not a clue after that. Thank you

dont feel alone,,,,i also have a I phone and a desktop,,,,,cant do anything but click,,,anything more,,,gotta call the old lady,for advice...lol.bob

14 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Thanks.  I've got the hood off presently and dropping them off to my painter friend for some much needed repair.  One step at a time.

oooooooooh by the way larry,,,,that thing is looking real good.....i watch the video i took of you a few years back....makes me smile....bob

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 1977vega said:

Is that your racecar hauler?? How do you have it titled, historic or RV?? Or commercial non business tags?

Yes, it hauls my race trailer.  I have it plated Historical.  My first summer it was std truck plated, but then I was going to have to deal with IFTA, so I changed it.  I've skirted any issues for 19 years now going a few states away.  The scales in Ohio are "commercial trucks only", so I run on by.  I've pulled into PA scales when open and have not been red lighted.  Running mostly on weekends means most scales are closed.

Larry

13 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Yes, it hauls my race trailer.  I have it plated Historical.  My first summer it was std truck plated, but then I was going to have to deal with IFTA, so I changed it.  I've skirted any issues for 19 years now going a few states away.  The scales in Ohio are "commercial trucks only", so I run on by.  I've pulled into PA scales when open and have not been red lighted.  Running mostly on weekends means most scales are closed.

That’s the good thing about the weekends, scales are closed for the most part. How about roadside stops? The lines get very blurry when it comes to historic plates and being over GVW for combinations. Like I’ve said before, I’d like to pick a B up to pull my trailer to the track, as I live about 20 miles for Atco raceway. About a 70-80 mile ride to hit Cecil or Maple Grove, but as you said, crossing state lines

1 hour ago, 1977vega said:

That’s the good thing about the weekends, scales are closed for the most part. How about roadside stops? The lines get very blurry when it comes to historic plates and being over GVW for combinations. Like I’ve said before, I’d like to pick a B up to pull my trailer to the track, as I live about 20 miles for Atco raceway. About a 70-80 mile ride to hit Cecil or Maple Grove, but as you said, crossing state lines

So license it as an rv.  If your trailer doesn’t have living quarters in it put a cot in there and I’d think you’d be covered. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

10 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

So license it as an rv.  If your trailer doesn’t have living quarters in it put a cot in there and I’d think you’d be covered. 

Yea, I live in New Jersey..... one of the most impossible states in the union

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

The truck would need a microwave, water and a couple other things to be plated as an RV.  That's what I was told years ago when I asked about it in Ohio.  The trailer is not the issue, but it needs more then a cot to be an RV also(micro, water,stove,etc).  I tried to get my trailer relisted as an rv, but Ohio doesn't recognize anything over 34' as an rv trailer.  Mine is 40'.  Catch 22.  I have a racer friend in Indiana that also pulls with a B model and a tag trailer.  I do have a CDL and med card so I'm legal in sorts.  No log book though.  If you stay within 150 miles that is a non issue.

Edited by Freightrain

Larry

Montana is way more laid back about it. People are pulling lots of different trailers behind semis with no cdl licensed as rv’s. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work Dave!  Looks good.

I remember when mine was all shiny and gold a few years ago.  I try to spray it off occasionally to keep it looking better then the old grimy 673.

A side note:  One piece of dynamat insulation would have been a nice upgrade before you stuck the engine in.  Though with the front end off you might be able to fish it behind the engine.  But you might not be able to press it down very easy.   It definitely took some of the noise out of my cab.  I had one piece just big enough to cover up a good portion of the firewall around the engine.

Larry