Mackdag Amsterdam The Netherlands

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

Vlad

Quite an amazing show!!! Thank you for taking the time to post these pictures.. I would not have believed that there were that many Macks in Europe.. 

Brocky,

I was about to say those were all of Macks in Europe but in fact those were the most of the beautiful ones. And too probably the most which are in active state. There were also some American trucks of different brands overthere and to my surprize I was told they're even more scarce in Europe than Macks :)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 10/20/2019 at 3:33 PM, Brocky said:

Vlad

Quite an amazing show!!! Thank you for taking the time to post these pictures.. I would not have believed that there were that many Macks in Europe.. 

I was watching a short clip from the 70's at a guess were a F model was a movie star for a bit and it ended up in a yard full of F model's 

I have no idea what the movie was called but at a guess it was Dutch

Great event Vlad, thanks for sharing

Paul 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, h67st said:

Great photos! That red tandem B sure has a strange-looking cab on it.

You are sure right. The reason was Dutches were purchasing new Macks in a shape of chassis and front end only, with no cab. That splitted the cost. The cabs were made locally by body shops. To me it seems those shops made a really good quality stuff. The shapes were quite complicated and artificient for a commercial vehicle part being produced not really long after the end of the war. The same kind of story is blue and cherry trucks which are NR-models and had military style open cabs when were supplied to Holland under Lend-Lease in 40's. Those cabs were not comfortable for daily use so the reason for conversion is clear. But worth to note those aftermarket cabs look way off from a simple wooden outhouse style.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

7 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I was watching a short clip from the 70's at a guess were a F model was a movie star for a bit and it ended up in a yard full of F model's 

I have no idea what the movie was called but at a guess it was Dutch

Great event Vlad, thanks for sharing

Paul

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=667874577013584&id=100013731422003

Dunno if the link will work or not

Gotta have face book I guess

Paul