MACUNGIE 2019 THURSDAY GATHERING

1958 F.W.D.

Ok, due to his plate being overloaded, Doug has passed the torch for the Thursday evening gathering to me. As you all may or may not know, the Nunnery (the Tilted Kilt) has closed for good, therefore we will have to move the venue. The new chosen spot is the Alburtis Tavern, located at 106 S. Main Street in Alburtis just down the road from Macungie. The meet as usual will be Thursday Night (June 13) at 7pm. Due to the large crowd coming in at one time, they will restrict us to a limited menu, which I am waiting on. I have never been there but I have heard from many folks that it is a good stop.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POSTING IF YOU WILL ATTEND AND A HEAD COUNT OF YOUR PARTY NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, JUNE 9

I will also post on Facebook but please, in the interest of preventing brain damage to my already damaged brain, only respond here or in facebook, not both!!!

As soon as I have the menu from them I will post it on here.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

6 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Is the redhead visiting Macungie this year... 

Are you and the redhead visiting Macungie this year?

Yes, she is. 

I'm planning to be there too. She's very excited, she said she would go if I didn't, she has friends there now.

• Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:31 PM, mackey58 said:

Fyi redheads will turn you into an old man I know been with one for 32 year lol wouldn't have any other lol post truck pics please cause  we re behind and can't take time off damn rain

I always take tons of pictures, but she has a new super-powered camera that she got for Christmas that she's going to bring. I would need like a 3,000mm lens that cost thousands to have the zoom capability of her camera, it's pretty awesome. Not that you need that much zoom for a truck show, but it's nice to have if you do need it. She's taken some incredible bird pictures with it.

It will take close-ups like this-

DSCN0219.JPG.007f4fd528bb78e6dc2feae19974f23d.JPG

And check this bird out. I don't know how far away it was, but you can see the tiny water drops on it's feathers.

DSCN0244.JPG.c8b848f97be13bf5b7e455b3b8376655.JPG

Heckuva camera. And it rained all night, it's raining now, and I think they're calling for rain until Tuesday here. About like last year, we were over 2 feet above normal rainfall for the year. I don't know where we're at this year, I don't get the paper anymore.

9 minutes ago, other dog said:

It will She said it will be nice to see you again too.

Ha!  Have a safe trip up.  A car will be more comfortable but the Dodge pickup would look great on the show field.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

2 minutes ago, j hancock said:

Ha!  Have a safe trip up.  A car will be more comfortable but the Dodge pickup would look great on the show field.

That Dodge is over at the shop in Concord, I'm going to drive it home Wednesday so she can bring the car. I don't know if it would make it to Macungie, I don't even know if it will make it the 26 miles here. It's been in one garage or another ever since I got it, and nobody can fix it. I think I might order a new computer thing, the ECM? I looked online, you can still get them for that make, model, and engine for $129. If that doesn't fix it i'll sell it for scrap, or whatever I can get out of it. I've already spent about $10,000,000 on it, mostly for nothing.

Well, that sucks!  

Didn't remember what year it was but sort of thought it was pre computer.  Hope you get it handled because it looks a little too good to become a toaster.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

Well, that sucks!  

Didn't remember what year it was but sort of thought it was pre computer.  Hope you get it handled because it looks a little too good to become a toaster.

It's a 91, from what I understand it's the first year of the computer and the throttle body injection that it has. Good looking little truck, but it will just quit at any given time, just like you cut the key off, then it'll come right back to life. Been doing it since I had it, you never know when it's going to do it. Might go weeks trouble free, or you might not get out of the drive way before it starts. I've replaced every sensor on it, some twice, still does it.

I just got it from a shop in Concord a couple of weeks ago, the guy said he fooled with the timing some, and drove it a while and it never missed a beat, said it was fixed. But, like I said, that's how it does, and i'm pretty sure the timing has nothing to do with it, it would run bad all the time if it was the timing, not just once in a while for a few seconds.

11 minutes ago, other dog said:

It's a 91, from what I understand it's the first year of the computer and the throttle body injection that it has. Good looking little truck, but it will just quit at any given time, just like you cut the key off, then it'll come right back to life. Been doing it since I had it, you never know when it's going to do it. Might go weeks trouble free, or you might not get out of the drive way before it starts. I've replaced every sensor on it, some twice, still does it.

I just got it from a shop in Concord a couple of weeks ago, the guy said he fooled with the timing some, and drove it a while and it never missed a beat, said it was fixed. But, like I said, that's how it does, and i'm pretty sure the timing has nothing to do with it, it would run bad all the time if it was the timing, not just once in a while for a few seconds.

Seen that scenario maybe half a dozen times through the years and it's consistently been the ignition pickup module inside the distributor. Change both the pickup and the reluctor wheel, (part that looks like a gear mounted to the rotating shaft) and you have a good chance of success. Don't forget to slather on a coating of heat conducting grease to the bottom of the pickup module to help it cool itself. That is to repair it yourself. Other option is to purchase a reman distributor complete and simply install as all new bushings and reground shaft will be included.

If going the reman route I would go with a Pertronix retrofit and kiss ignition problems goodby forever for just a few more dollars.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Seen that scenario maybe half a dozen times through the years and it's consistently been the ignition pickup module inside the distributor. Change both the pickup and the reluctor wheel, (part that looks like a gear mounted to the rotating shaft) and you have a good chance of success. Don't forget to slather on a coating of heat conducting grease to the bottom of the pickup module to help it cool itself. That is to repair it yourself. Other option is to purchase a reman distributor complete and simply install as all new bushings and reground shaft will be included.

If going the reman route I would go with a Pertronix retrofit and kiss ignition problems goodby forever for just a few more dollars.

Well thank you very much for that info! It has a V6 in it,4 speed, and runs very good except for when it has those spells.

dodge2.jpg.99503853f753101f8075660b7526caba.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swishy said:

Udder Dog

gudday m8

Cut to the chase n fit a screemer

4-53 or V6-53

n u'll B beat n off the chiks with a big stik ....... or red heads

LOL

cya

I'd love to do that, only thing holding me back is money, or the lack of I should say.

Never did see too many of those with the 239 V6, (3.9ltr) engine around here in 4X4. There were plenty of V8 powered trucks however. Nice to see one not all eaten up as any around here are.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

53 minutes ago, Rob said:

Never did see too many of those with the 239 V6, (3.9ltr) engine around here in 4X4. There were plenty of V8 powered trucks however. Nice to see one not all eaten up as any around here are.

Yes, I saw it sitting by the road with a "for sale" sign on it. I thought "that's a nice looking little Dodge right there". Short bed Chevrolets are everywhere, don't see that many Dodges. So I turned around and went back to look at it. Crawled up under it, bone dry front to back, all 4 tires wearing even. Next thing you know, I had called the number. And before I knew it I bought the danged thing. Had it over 3 years now, probably haven't put 300 miles on it.

4 hours ago, other dog said:

Yes, I saw it sitting by the road with a "for sale" sign on it. I thought "that's a nice looking little Dodge right there". Short bed Chevrolets are everywhere, don't see that many Dodges. So I turned around and went back to look at it. Crawled up under it, bone dry front to back, all 4 tires wearing even. Next thing you know, I had called the number. And before I knew it I bought the danged thing. Had it over 3 years now, probably haven't put 300 miles on it.

AND? I've had mine since 1989 injected, computer controlled V6 4 speed and only put 40,000 on it in 30 years. You don't want it I'll come pick it up.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 hours ago, 41chevy said:

AND? I've had mine since 1989 injected, computer controlled V6 4 speed and only put 40,000 on it in 30 years. You don't want it I'll come pick it up.

I just want it to run so I can actually use it, got lots of stuff I need to haul. If the distributor and or computer doesn't fix it, I give up- I'll give you a call.