Australian Anthem

16 hours ago, 41180 said:

Huh they can stuff a mp10 into a anthem ? 

If They haven't ??  they Will....!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

U jokers should contact Mack Australia n order a Left hand drive beast or order 6 or half a dozen N C wot they say

or Contact your local wizz with trucks to convert a Au RHD to LHD

your yanky dollar is in your favor compared to our $

cya

• Like 2

That might not be as silly  as it sounds Swish man

When I was fixing Mrs Macks cab I noticed the can still had the LHD holes for steering pedals etc

So might be very doable

But  I  think them Yanky jokers might have a heart attack at how much a new Mack costs down this side of the world

Paul 

10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

That might not be as silly  as it sounds Swish man

When I was fixing Mrs Macks cab I noticed the can still had the LHD holes for steering pedals etc

So might be very doable

But  I  think them Yanky jokers might have a heart attack at how much a new Mack costs down this side of the world

Paul 

How much are they in Australia? A new Western Star 4900 dump truck like the one I run is $227,000 in Canada. That is (what they call tri-axle here.....steer, steering lift, tandem rear, 21 foot dump box.)

And highway tractors with high rise sleepers are around $180,000 Canadian.

Probly cheaper to fill a container with Air snorkels, air rams, bull bars, fuel tanks, hi rise bunk  n all the goodies to make youer local mack Auzzy friendly

4 or 5 years ago a big mack for float work plain Jane no sleeper no chrome on everything ....... twaz about $au 300,000.oo

= us$ 207,521.67  today

Go4It

cya

I tried to get a set of snorkel's for my Star Swishy, which we just sold, but the prices were crazy, especially with the shipping.

My friend ended up making a set for his Titan when the stock filter intakes rotted off it.

Any of you from Australia see these Western Star Road Star's?

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4705856/is-this-the-ferrari-of-the-trucking-world/#slide=2

2 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Any of you from Australia see these Western Star Road Star's?

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4705856/is-this-the-ferrari-of-the-trucking-world/#slide=2

I've seen one..too big & heavy for my part of the World..

They were a limited edition for Star's 50th anniversary

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

18 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

How much are they in Australia? A new Western Star 4900 dump truck like the one I run is $227,000 in Canada. That is (what they call tri-axle here.....steer, steering lift, tandem rear, 21 foot dump box.)

And highway tractors with high rise sleepers are around $180,000 Canadian.

I would think that a new prime mover in Australia would be over 400 grand with a bunk, bull bar, and long tange tanks etc

Last new KW 90? something with all of what would be considered pretty standard gear in Australia was 450 grand around 550 HP

A mate bought it and hasn't had a bad run and this was at a guess 10 years ago

Paul 

You gotta be kidding me with those prices!!! You guys must have way better rates than we do here! It's hard enough to pay for a $220,000 truck here. We still got idiots that will work a 4 axle dump truck for $53.00/hour.

I just don't think most Americans realize how cheap things in the US really are

Also gotta remember that when US trucks like Kenworth and Peterbilt came to Australia they were 4 times as dear as any other truck yet still sold like hot cakes

When they model came onto the Australian market it halved trip times

The US truck of 60's,70's and 80's was so well suited to Australian conditions that people were happy to paya premium 

Oh and $450,000 is Australian and google tells me that's about 310,000 US 

So considering all the mods and extra gear that Australian trucks have it probably isnt as bad as it seems 

I have been told a factory fitted bullbar that wont void your warranty on KW is $15000, the grease plate or 5th wheel is $5000

It doesn't take long to add up

Paul 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I would think that a new prime mover in Australia would be over 400 grand with a bunk, bull bar, and long tange tanks etc

Yeah Paul, a  Kenworth T909 with bit of "Fruit" on It is over $400K. However there's a fair bit of KW tax in that Price.

A T610 with indentical Driveline is significantly cheaper. as is a Western star with the same running gear.

You can get a very Good B Double spec truck for around the $300 mark. all the way down to a Daycab Single trailer Spec around the $200K mark.

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Yeah I dont doubt that seed

Im only relaying what blokes tell me they have paid for new jiggers in recent times

They all tell me the base price isnt to bad but it doesn't take long to chew thru over a 100 grand once you start adding basic things most people want and need

Paul