1979 R686ST in working clothes.

It was parked in a locals barn in 2004 and we bought it in 2014.checked the oil put new batteries  in it fired right up.its a good old truck the other driver doesn't like it but it fits me no air em6 300l 7speed and haul the same number of loads as he does except 2.5 ton more cause I'm pulling a 1979 axle alum framless lol

• Like 1

Another local boy! We deliver to holicong on occasion! Bucks county is a nice area.

Rob, I like the old style R hood on tandem axle trucks but prefer the new style hood on triaxles.  Most of all, I love how the old maxidynes pull. The endt676 in that '79 is very well suited to that truck at a max 52,000 lbs. We just picked up a 1988 em6-300l, won't know for a few months how it compares to the endt676 because we're renovating a mixer to go on it.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

We just retired the 1980 DM686sx, the rear of the frame is cracked horizontally about 8 feet from rust. Refurbishing the mixer to go on a 1988 RD690S with new frame rails; used to be an H&K truck.

new rails, sounds like a major undertaking, should make a real good truck for a lot of years, probably worth the hassle to stay away from all the emission problems.     terry👍👍:MackLogo:

On 3/5/2019 at 7:02 AM, JoeH said:

Goes out nearly every day during the concrete season. Had roughly 350k miles when my dad bought it in 1986, we have put another 200k trolling around in our 15 mile delivery radius.

Last thing the engine needed was a piston and cylinder head when it dropped a valve seat 8 or 9 years ago. How's that for up time?

KIMG0298~4.JPG

I`ve seen your truck driving around Bucks County 

• Like 1

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

22 hours ago, terry said:

new rails, sounds like a major undertaking, should make a real good truck for a lot of years, probably worth the hassle to stay away from all the emission problems.     terry👍👍:MackLogo:

H&K put the new rails in, not us! Rails are probably 5 years old! They traded 60 old trucks in as part of a deal with Coopersburg Kenworth for new trucks. This is one of the better trucks they traded in.

KIMG0299~2.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 6:57 AM, JoeH said:

H&K put the new rails in, not us! Rails are probably 5 years old! They traded 60 old trucks in as part of a deal with Coopersburg Kenworth for new trucks. This is one of the better trucks they traded in.

KIMG0299~2.JPG

Yeah i saw that old HK iron heading up 309.. Kind of sad actually...

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Some of those trucks were really rough. This one will get painted white and should give us a couple decades of service at the least. I expect some of the others will make their way into similar hands. Or they'll go to the Coopersburg Kenworth salvage yards for parts so we can all keep our old trucks running, because we all know Volvo won't help us out with these old trucks....