Chinese Truck Tires

kscarbel2

I've never tried them n my own truck but the company I work for uses double coin on there dump,he puts a set on the rear every year,gets 25000 miles and at least two blow outs before swapping them out for a new set,I use Continental,Goodyear or. More recent, Cooper Roadmaster,easy 50,000 miles out of them,zero blow out ,I've run the continentals down to the nubs without getting one flat and I do o off road quite a bit,like I said just my opinion..

15 minutes ago, MACKS said:

I've never tried them n my own truck but the company I work for uses double coin on there dump,he puts a set on the rear every year,gets 25000 miles and at least two blow outs before swapping them out for a new set,I use Continental,Goodyear or. More recent, Cooper Roadmaster,easy 50,000 miles out of them,zero blow out ,I've run the continentals down to the nubs without getting one flat and I do o off road quite a bit,like I said just my opinion..

Look at the Coopers and see if they say "Made in China". Their light vehicle tires are.

Back in the day, I felt there was no better combination than Bridgestone R290 steer tires and Goodyear G367 drive tires.

Today, Goodyear's pricing is ridiculous.

Most people have had a great experience with Double Coin.

• Like 1

I've talked to a couple of folks whom run the Triangle TR-686 tires and they have been pleased with them. One set is on an older Autocar wrecker so when used is heavy, the other is one a tractor and both parties say they wear decent?

I'm going to put a set on my water wagon to as it doesen't see a lot of miles.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

8 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Look at the Coopers and see if they say "Made in China". Their light vehicle tires are.

Back in the day, I felt there was no better combination than Bridgestone R290 steer tires and Goodyear G367 drive tires.

Today, Goodyear's pricing is ridiculous.

Most people have had a great experience with Double Coin.

Agree the  goodyear and continental prices are out of site that's why I went with cooper,I'm gonna ask some of my fellow dump truckers and see if anyone else is useing them,thanks for the info!

a

the bosses step father used the china tires on two trucks and went back to the coopers. 

we use coopers on our trucks, they are just better. as Macks said, 50k miles is normal with the coopers.

and all the coopers we get here in NJ are made in America, from 15's, 16's, and 17's i  put on the cars, to the 16's 17's, 18's and 20's on the pickups, and the 24.5's on the triaxles. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

12 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

the bosses step father used the china tires on two trucks and went back to the coopers. 

we use coopers on our trucks, they are just better. as Macks said, 50k miles is normal with the coopers.

and all the coopers we get here in NJ are made in America, from 15's, 16's, and 17's i  put on the cars, to the 16's 17's, 18's and 20's on the pickups, and the 24.5's on the triaxles. 

I remember Cooper was struggling financially and India's Apollo tire was going to buy them, but things got muddy. I didn't follow the outcome.

Then Cooper sourced more production from China.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/business/apollo-files-counterclaim-against-cooper-tire/bp4GACz3IfSvHaM2AIScYJ/

https://www.rubbernews.com/article/20180926/news/180929962/sailun-to-become-cooper-tire-joint-venture-partner

Double Happiness. Had a lot of fun with a set of those on a 1968 C50 series Chevy farm truck. Farmer had four of those put on the drive axle and it was hard to not bash your head on the cab roof. Spinning them slow and watching you could very easily see three of the four were not assembled correctly. They were removed and replaced by some other "off brand" common around here but it escapes me now. That has been about 12 years ago so improvement have been implemented I'm sure. Ceat was another that was bad, bad, bad for a while. Buddy put a set on his B-61 and you basically needed to have a trailer on or would struggle staying put in the seat at low speed.

Both of those brands are still sold locally but I've not heard any more bad, nor good either.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I ran and sold Cooper tires in the shop for years. The distributor was 40 miles distant so had the tires in about an hour from ordering them mostly so never stocked any myself. Never had a lot of problems with them and was with them till 2004. The route salesman was telling me a good portion was going to be sourced to chinese production so I basically stopped selling tires altogether.

Bad experience with Chinese tires; drove for a guy bought an used truck 08; brand new rubber, wanli on the steers & can’t remember the rears; wobble ass steering & drives were crumbling all to pieces; Bridgestone on the front, fixed. Cooper on the rear, fixed.

This time last year I bought my first set of cooper roadmasters 12/24.5 for 360 each delivered. To my door free with no sales tax eather,I but 30,000 miles on them so far and they look good for another 15-20,000,I still run the over priced continentals on the the steer,if I could find a good deal on continental I would go for it in a heart beat,best tires I ever had,betting the roadmasters are going up in price now also..

I have 11RX24.5 Kumho's on my R-612. Had the truck up to almost triple digits and they are smooth and have worn fine. Still have plenty of tread but going to change them citing age. If for some reason I don't go with the Triangle brand, I would most likely go with another set of these.

https://www.otrusa.com/product/11r22-5-16pr-kumho-kma03-tl/

https://www.otrusa.com/product/11r24-5-16pr-kumho-kma03-tl/

Edited by Rob

12 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

I remember Cooper was struggling financially and India's Apollo tire was going to buy them, but things got muddy. I didn't follow the outcome.

Then Cooper sourced more production from China.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/business/apollo-files-counterclaim-against-cooper-tire/bp4GACz3IfSvHaM2AIScYJ/

https://www.rubbernews.com/article/20180926/news/180929962/sailun-to-become-cooper-tire-joint-venture-partner

maybe so, but the wholesaler we buy from only sells American made tires.

if people ask for cheaper foreign made tires they tell them to go somewhere else because "we don't sell junk"

they are the prime distributer for the area, and move on average 20 tractor trailer loads of tires per week.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..