Pictures of the Week

other dog

6 minutes ago, eddeere said:

Great pictures . What is model of the green Mack and  the deal of the two air intakes of the Mack at Ambridge Pa ? 

Looks like a late 70's or early 80's r686... one intake is for turbo, the second is likely for the tip-turbine intercooler .

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

5 hours ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

Looks like a late 70's or early 80's r686... one intake is for turbo, the second is likely for the tip-turbine intercooler .

Correct on tip turbine, that's exactly how our 79 r686 is. "Charge air cooler" (intercooler) is mounted on side of the engine, excess turbo air blows through a bypass line through the tip turbine(fan), which pulls air through that second intake to cool the turbo air before it goes in for combustion. Tip turbine air just vents into the engine compartment as soon as it goes through charge air cooler.

Cool pics Tom, nice to see, thanks.

Before opening this thread I thought I was the only member on here who had snow all around. And now I see I'm not alone. Good or bad but I'm home.

The trucks in Keystone Museum got some movements since I visited it this past June. Looks like a good sign for old pieces of history.

And those Winfall pics are awesome!

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 12/13/2018 at 4:01 PM, Vladislav said:

Cool pics Tom, nice to see, thanks.

Before opening this thread I thought I was the only member on here who had snow all around. And now I see I'm not alone. Good or bad but I'm home.

The trucks in Keystone Museum got some movements since I visited it this past June. Looks like a good sign for old pieces of history.

And those Winfall pics are awesome!

Thanks Vlad!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.