Check all return lines from injectors, also the fuel delivery pump has two small plastic check valves, if they are not sealing it will lose it's prime.   terry:MackLogo: I suppose you should check all fuel lines!

Can someone help me identify my injector pump. The engine is a EC6-350

7380bb92d19942ec11494495c368673b.jpg

This is the tag on the pump

c22415992a4ad2f960ba1d3b599f5221.jpg

Which parts are the check valves on this schematic

62a96d91eb57e409c33ffe0beb4bf41e.jpg

• 1 month later...

f8ab3069ce564cff8812096423d01d03.jpg

According to the information I received from the Mack museum the passenger side power window unit shown in the photo was factory installed. This unit is on its last legs and needs to be replaced.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement unit?

Was there originally a cover on the unit?

You never said if the truck was hard to start both cold and warm? How does it start if allowed to set for about four hours after running?

Once started it is easy to start after 4 to 8 hours it does crank more than I like but nothing like first thing in the morning

Right now I can't work on the truck until my knee heals from surgery last week

3e22c2ede6f3931cb8231c6d63f0647a.jpg

So right now I am planning the attack on the fuel system, looking for a source for my power window motor and a 60" sleeper

My bride was nice enough to take me to look at some cars over the weekend

c3f73b023f21889b45e7e1ce50a7a595.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Quickfarms said:

There's a warranty?       There WAS a warranty.

How long is that for?        Warranty lasted until about 2 weeks before it started giving you issues.

This was my good knee

Hope the healing process goes well. 

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

The knee is healing and I am going stir crazy not working on my projects and dealing with my clients.

Today I installed a pressure gauge into the existing port on the secondary fuel filer that is after the lift pump.

I tried to start the truck and it cranked for a while then lit off but died

I repeated this

On the third try the batteries were getting really low so it was time to disconnect them and charge them.

So much for today, tomorrow is another day

today I got the truck running with the pressure gauge in the secondary filter.

I ended up checking the fuel filters and the primary was 1/2 full and the secondary was about 3/4 full so I toped them off, added about 9 gallons of fuel, and it was able to be started.

The fuel pressure is about 16 psi at 800 rpm and when I increase the rpm's it goes up to about 21 psi

c80d74e27924cd60bff74908779a11e8.jpg&key=31c6f8d300e92d929a6afe9433829ea6cfe0c289eeec8f9de33c9fd087837944

When I shut the truck off it drops to zero by the time I climb down and get around to the filters

There are to visible fuel leaks any place that I can find

Any thoughts where to check now?

Several posts to this topic on or about 2/9 about this starting issue have disappeared!

Who deleted them? And why?

Have you looked at the inlet (check) as Terry suggested above?  It is to keep the fuel primed in the system.

The author of a post can also delete them.  As to why, I don't know.

Not yet

Will a lift pump still pump if the check valves are bad?

If the check valve is bad the efficiency of the pump should be greatly reduced.

I was hoping that the fuel pressure gauge would give me some instead to the condition of the lift pump.

The nice part about this truck is that the fuel filters are readily accessible sitting on the outside of the frame

ebba152af76505d9ac4f1ecc6303ccf5.jpg

This makes it a project to get to the lift pump that is now hidden behind the fuel filters.

308344bcecd86851bd962ef7d6421d37.jpg

Looking at it it looks like the best way to get to the lift pump is to remove the fuel filters for access.

I am to the point of being frustrated and thinking about just replacing the lift pump and all of the fuel lines

Does anyone know what the PAI part number for the lift pump and rebuild kit?