Painted the fenders

Looks great. I always have plenty of fluffy bath towels or fleece on hand and drape it over anything that I may bump parts on. Latex gloves. You will never go wrong with painters tape on the edges.  Make sure to take some tack out of it by taping your shirt 2-3 times then put on panels. Especially with fresh paint. Good luck nice job.

• Like 1

those shells and fenders in the Mack pictures are pre 1959.  back then you hung it as a section and adjusted as needed. i have always bolted fender, inner fender and inner headlight panel and outer as a whole and hung with the top two bolts as  section. i always take a 3/8 fine thread bolt and cut the head off to hang the back of the fender on til you get everything secured.  i have left the outer headlight panel off and just done inner with the assembly. either way you usually fight with the top headlight to fender bolt

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Fenders look great, hope your knee is heeled good.     If a person had an overhead crane,   all together would be great.     When I put mine together , I did it separately too.  Two people to hold in place and another to put bolts in.    And with the extended nose on the B71, there were a few bolts that I almost had to stand on my head to get in.

100_0041.JPG

100_0037.JPG

• Like 1