1964 white? Dodge?

Hobert62

That's defiantly a Gold Comet V8, tell it is by their distinct exhaust manifolds and the ribbed rocker covers. An easy mistake because it looks close to the Chrysler's RB 350/ 361 truck V-8. Seller probably assumes it's Chryco.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, RoadwayR said:

You are right, I enlarged the picture.  Neat truck.

And Rare Too.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Not to offend anyone, but I think that thing is so ugly its kinda cool. I think it needs some blown big block so you could drive around and do wheelies with it.   It looks like a wheelie waiting to happen just the way it sits.   

• Like 1

Thats been for sale on and off for a few years.

This was a the Huntsville Alabama show a few years ago.

white-1951-02489.thumb.JPG.76cad0f0d66bc1e770da64941586a63c.JPG

white-1951-02490.thumb.JPG.6e96f39679b95e1ea70cb351036ae79d.JPG

white-1951-02491.thumb.JPG.c4854f12d47cab93110e295ab0538b77.JPG

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

I don't recall seeing many growing up?   I went to grade school next to the highway and living a few blocks away I could hear trucks pulling the grade all night with the windows open.  

The most memorable one was when I went to Syracuse National convention(2003).   An orange one showed up pulling a couple coils.....basically in it's work clothes.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On L.I.N.Y. a lot were used for gas station delivery, both A&P and Bohacks ran them and even a few heating oil companies used them for residential delivery. Seem to vaguely remember Boar's Head Meats using them also.

A company ran a 4x4 version with a big diesel in it, the rad was actually mounted on the right rear of the cab. Yellow and Green colors and ran in the mountains in to Cali I think.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember seeing them on the road when I was growing up, of course not nearly as many as B models or some other trucks. This is one of my grandfather's trucks, I think he just had one 3000. The photo was taken sometime in the 50's but no date on it.

img108.jpg

• Like 2