62? Diamond T C.O.E. CL

Truck Shop

No road salt??

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

There is on Long Island N.Y. a farm with 65 or 70 old trucks on it, mostly AC Macks, REO and Binders, same owner has a place in Virginia with another 100 plus  vintage trucks, Muscle cars and containers full of parts. He used Google Earth to search out vintage units. I'm He is  a bit eccentric I'm told... :whistling:

are`nt  we all  ?:D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 41chevy said:

There is on Long Island N.Y. a farm with 65 or 70 old trucks on it, mostly AC Macks, REO and Binders, same owner has a place in Virginia with another 100 plus  vintage trucks, Muscle cars and containers full of parts. He used Google Earth to search out vintage units. I'm He is  a bit eccentric I'm told... :whistling:

Nice Little Retirement Fund for You....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Nice Little Retirement Fund for You....

Some are, most I saved from the scrappers or bought a farm auctions.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

10 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Some are, most I saved from the scrappers or bought a farm auctions.

As long as your Wife Doesn't sell them for the Price you told her you Paid for them...:loldude:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

28 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I recall UPS running Diamond T 931s into the 1970s. But it was the later Diamond Reo Royale that really impressed me. The engineering was ahead of its time.

You mean one of these Royale's

IMG_0002_NEW.jpg

One ping only

2 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

The  Royale II are the ones I remember on the east coast. Both COE and Conventional cabs.

P.T.CHESHIRE

54 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I recall UPS running Diamond T 931s into the 1970s. But it was the later Diamond Reo Royale that really impressed me. The engineering was ahead of its time.

I recall an article in Wheels of time about how frugal UPS was in the early days and would rebuild/repower everything they had. IIRC there was a pic of a step van with a Diamond T center cap on the steering wheel from the 60's but it had been repowered with a ford 300 six. 

Those 931's were probably in really good shape. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 41chevy said:

When my wife was alive she would tell me where and what she found and generally that we should save it.

Sounds Like you had a good Soul Mate..

don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

• 2 weeks later...

Tragic how all those UPS Diamond Ts  and Reos got scrapped they were so well maintained! My cousins buddy had one of those Diamond T cabovers anyone remember Bill Sheffer out of Breezewood Pa? Ran Diamond Ts was a columnist for Overdrive also.

• Like 1