Call me crazy...Ive got CM422 on the brain...

18 hours ago, bbigrig said:

For comparison purposes. 

Similar frame rails. Not exact. Very few bends and curves in comparison to other models Mack offered.  R series style cross members used.

20210926_211104.jpg

The table is what I used for reference. Just didn't post. As you see CH has 10" rails and I suppose pre-2004 Vision either. CM had 9.27 as printed in the pdf file and the table points out 9.38. So there's a mess already. I may suppose the rail section was the same channel as CL600/RW600 rear portion of the rails had. 9.27 could me missprinted 9.37 or vice versa and 9.38 as just approximated 3.37. Interesting point are the CM rails SAE 1/4" 6.35 mm or metric 6.00?

BTW the table shows 0.24" thick steel both for CM and CH. But it shows the same figure for MH/RW. At the same time two of my MH's have 6.35 thick rails and one of them is as late as '91.

post-16320-0-89327900-1444347491.jpg

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

18 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I have never seen a midliner with a bonnet or hood on it, I  assumed that was a North American thing

Vlad do you know if a hood was ever offered in Europe?

Paul

No Paul, as long as I know the hood never showed up in Europe excepting a few trucks imported from the US (probably to Russia only). So my understanding the hood was American thing. Together with the reworked cab.

As for the spoke wheels as I figure we say Midliner for CS and MS cabover. The brochure I posted describes CM which didn't seem called Midliner by Mack.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

29 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

No Paul, as long as I know the hood never showed up in Europe excepting a few trucks imported from the US (probably to Russia only). So my understanding the hood was American thing. Together with the reworked cab.

As for the spoke wheels as I figure we say Midliner for CS and MS cabover. The brochure I posted describes CM which didn't seem called Midliner by Mack.

The hooded Midliner built by Renault was never available in Europe. There were a few customers from the Netherlands (as an example) that had to order CS Midliner models (with hoods) from a Canadian dealer and have them shipped back to Europe. Renault/Mack refused to sell them direct from factory.

CS and MS Midliner were never offered with spoke wheels.

The CM400 model line was referred to by Mack as " The Baby 8" (small class 8) The CM was engineered and built solely by Mack in Macungie PA.

Edited by bbigrig
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Data on this CM is fairly hard to find. What is GVWR? Is it 33,001? Or simply however many axles a guy can hook up behind it?

Would be nice to hook up to B-train high boys and go haul hay bales