Call me crazy...Ive got CM422 on the brain...

I've always known one of the movie production companies had a CM422 baby 8 tractor basically sitting on sites in Toronto. I have not seen the truck in years, until today.  There were very few CMs delivered here in Canada.

On a closer look today I found out I knew this truck better then I realized. The white paint is peeling off showing the original blue and silver paint job.

The same paint job it had for the 1988 TruckCan show in Toronto. 

This may be our next project. Who else owns a CM, really....

imageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef720180415_161831.thumb.jpg.e97109e3799f9ec6e9057120b9edf38a.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=a8b8d98f5855eef7 It runs, has less then 100.000kms and I know where to get another cab. I've always had a soft spot for Frog Dogs

....call me crazy. 

20180506_124406.jpg

Edited by bbigrig
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

I'm Gunna air My Ignorance here.... & ask a "dumb" question.....But.

Have they swapped the Doors from Side to side on that Midliner cab.. We only ever got the COE version..

Related image

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Personally I Can't see what they've gained (or why they'd bother)  Doing that,,

It never worried Freightliner, & they sold heaps of these Down here!!

Image result for freightliner FL

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Had one of the FLC112s with the Mercedes T2 cab as my assigned tractor for a year. On one hand, thanks to the 300 mm. deep frame and coil spring cab suspension, one of the best riding trucks I've ever driven, better than an FLD with the same Freightliner suspension. On the other hand, it was a pain to work on and obviously was never designed to last a million miles. Like the first generation sprinters it rusted out quickly and all the ones we had received new cabs before they were ten years old.

Not a breed truck on my mind but looks good sometimes when painted right. And in your particular case it has a history.

Here's a pic of one in Russia from a bunch purchased by some beef and pork producing facility out of Saint-Petersburg. They bought 10 or so units in 90's and later sold them off to different owners. Some one shows up for sale from time to time. They don't use to be cheap having fridge body on but affordable if I really wanted. So i had similar thoughts of that crazy kind a couple of times as you do now. Could stop myself knowing I was limited with a potential of attention to any extra project.

1536468479.jpg

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Yep....its on its way here today or tomorrow. A total give away. 

I worked on a fleet of 15 Midliners. They were good truck when speced correctly. We only made the mistake of ordering 1 200 series. The rest 300 series without issue. 

I wouldn't have an issue picking up a used one. This CM422 is all cosmetic so far.  Runs well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i have one!!! had been sitting for 5 years when I bought it. why whats up?

they do have the engine service manuals on ebay

and the custom part book is just that for that serials listed on the spine BUT it still helps for a owner this model....WELL WORTH IT. mine only mismatched on axle, exhaust piping and trailer air piping(mines was a straight truck).

and on engine!! odd thing is cylinder #1 is the rear most cylinder and #6 is front one.

Edited by glenbjackson

On 7/27/2018 at 11:18 PM, glenbjackson said:

i have one!!! had been sitting for 5 years when I bought it. why whats up?

they do have the engine service manuals on ebay

and the custom part book is just that for that serials listed on the spine BUT it still helps for a owner this model....WELL WORTH IT. mine only mismatched on axle, exhaust piping and trailer air piping(mines was a straight truck).

and on engine!! odd thing is cylinder #1 is the rear most cylinder and #6 is front one.

All Renault engines cylinder numberings are backwards. Worked on lots of Mack/Renault products in my day. Pretty reliable trucks.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Soooooooo.....

Would you believe I found a brand new never sold CM422 fully dressed service replacement cab in Ohio....

It was built up for UPS and was stored in a Mack/Volvo parts warehouse since 1989.  Talk about horseshoes up my butt....

It's getting painted Mack White to be installed.

And for some reason, I can no longer upload photos from my phone.

Nice find!

If you download too many pictures to BMT, you run out of space.  It's best to use an offsite hosting service and link the pictures here.  I use Postimage.org.  It's free, unlike Photobucket that wanted to rape everyone a year ago.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 years later...

2 of my favorite Mack's, and The CS midliner is a damn good truck... I wish part's were easier to get here in the states.  I could make half a living fixing the ones in my area..  Thanks for the cool picture...   jojo

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2021 at 12:26 PM, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Awesome pic! I have a few Mack CL like that in the exact color and paint/graphics scheme........... but in 1/32 scale 😆 Franklin MInt diecast models.Just beautiful to see it on a real truck.

This CL is one of the few CL Elite Limited Editions built. (Less then 150) My one has the E7400 instead of the E9 that was an available option.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 7:36 PM, Joey Mack said:

2 of my favorite Mack's, and The CS midliner is a damn good truck... I wish part's were easier to get here in the states.  I could make half a living fixing the ones in my area..  Thanks for the cool picture...   jojo

This one is a CM "Baby 8" not a CS. 2 very different truck models offered by Mack. Less then 600 of these CM422s built at Macungie PA.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:25 AM, mowerman said:

thier used to be tons of them out here,,they all vanished with time....they were all box trucks,,,and ive never seen one with that extended cab:idunno:..bob

This is not a (Renault) Midliner CS.  This is a Macungie PA built CM422.  Different trucks.

• Like 2