Didja miss this movie back in the day?

grayhair

Had to google the cast.  It was Fran Ryan.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0752539/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t17

Saw she was in Pale Rider.  She was the wife of the store owner.  That is where I remember her the most from.  That opening scene were Clint wipes out a bunch of bad guys.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 11:45 AM, Freightrain said:

Had to google the cast.  It was Fran Ryan.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0752539/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t17

Saw she was in Pale Rider.  She was the wife of the store owner.  That is where I remember her the most from.  That opening scene were Clint wipes out a bunch of bad guys.

Now that's a good movie. So was "Stripes", but back when Clint was on a roll, all the Harry Callahan movies, Pale Rider, Josie Wales- didn't get much better!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've been seeing this movie on TV a lot lately, never saw or even heard of it before until the last year or so. It's a really good western! I came to the conclusion that Kevin Costner is more bad-ass than Clint, just from this one scene!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:47 AM, Freightrain said:

For the life of me I can't say that actresses name.  

Fran Ryan.i remember her from her tv appearances.

how his six shooter holds 39 bullets:  very easy. it is a tv gun that has automatic cylinder reloaders. 

Edited by tjc transport
  • Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

2 hours ago, other dog said:

I've been seeing this movie on TV a lot lately, never saw or even heard of it before until the last year or so. It's a really good western! I came to the conclusion that Kevin Costner is more bad-ass than Clint, just from this one scene!

Yep, good movie alright.  But by my count Costner got about 13 or 14 shots with his revolver without reloading...

Was watching some Arnold movie last night.  Dang, he's getting old.  He was this small town sheriff going after some big drug lord guy.  Anyhoo, the drug lord had some heavy hitter badass dude that looked to have a 1872 Colt, 44 caliber, single action kinda old western gun.  Yup, that thing was like a gatlin gun and never once saw him pull the hammer back or put bullets in it.  Hmmm, Hollywood magic gun?

800px-Colt_1872_Open_Top_3.JPG

I have one, but it is only a .36 caliber.  Looks just like it, matching serial numbers and actually shoots pretty well.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 12/6/2017 at 6:27 PM, grayhair said:

So many funny scenes...

A classic.I went  into the ARRRRRRMY shortly after that movie came out. You can imagine  how many of us recited those lines during basic! We did get extra push-ups & "DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FUNNY?" from the drill sergeants (a lot).   Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA