1998 CH613 83k miles

david wild

Came across 1998 CH613 350, vmac ll, 2180, 40 rears on Hendrickson air 4.42 ratio, steel wheels (might have enough alum, for outside) 24.5  240" factory daycab, single exh. has all gauges, rears, trans, nice clean truck, 83,000 real miles, where you can you find a non eld, non egr clean ch with 83k, pics as soon as we can get them up, offers ???? truck started life in CA. presently in NM.  

59dfa3fcca90a_TiresShockandBag.jpg.2853d31dc58b3da3c613575c6bb9391e.jpgActual Milage.jpg

Air Compressor.jpgBreak Can and Shock.jpg

Center Console.jpgClean Engine.jpg

Driver Seat.jpgEngine and Radiator.jpg

Engine and Air Filter.jpgEngine and Filters.jpg

Engine and Shock.jpgFront Left Tire 2.jpg

Front Left Tire.jpgFront of Cab.jpg

Front Right Tire.jpgLeft Door.jpg

Left Gauges.jpgRear End.jpg

Right Door.jpgRight Gauges.jpg

Right Seat.jpgRoof.jpg

Transmission 2.jpgTransmission.jpg

Under Front Axel 2.jpgUnder Front Axel.jpg

Under Rear Axel 2.jpgUnder Rear Axel.jpg

Engine and Radiator 2.jpg

Edited by david wild
Added Pictures.
  • Like 1

Weatherford bought truck, went to job sites, truck ended up in Farmington NM. just did not get used much, oil pan is spotless, pto has normal drip with dirt buildup, both window knobs broke off, normal stuff, interior is very clean, engine is spotless, slight ding in passenger fuel, not bad at all, tires are good, just a great find, bought it because it was to good not to but don't need it as we farm out all our hauling. have meeting later today an Manf. will try to get pics. out soon. David    

5 hours ago, david wild said:

Weatherford bought truck, went to job sites, truck ended up in Farmington NM. just did not get used much, oil pan is spotless, pto has normal drip with dirt buildup, both window knobs broke off, normal stuff, interior is very clean, engine is spotless, slight ding in passenger fuel, not bad at all, tires are good, just a great find, bought it because it was to good not to but don't need it as we farm out all our hauling. have meeting later today an Manf. will try to get pics. out soon. David    

Strange world.Buying things you do not need while there is a great need this side of the pond.

Yeah but it is great find, can't turn great finds, played with the idea of keeping it, but then I thought about a driver other than me, and then the DOT, and then more BS, quit trucking for a reason, reasons are still there, but the truck will make a great piece for someone who is still trying, what's better a 98 that will run and is cheap to repair and buy or 150k plus and it doesn't run ???  even have video of it running but don't know how make it upload, but could e mail to prospective buyer.  Make offer no secrets here. even has onan diesel genset on back right now, power for your camper. Also have Chrome Shop Mafia seat that would look killer, matches interior color, no red seats in black cabs ??? seat came out of orange Superliner we sold a little back, went out with oem Mack seat.

• Like 1

someone stole the drivers seat, that is a granite seat, they do that in our yard, truck comes in they see a seat they like and poof it's gone, putting end to that, tow trucks are going back to the junk yard, that will end the garbage and swiped parts. Ecm reading is in pics. all # match.   

Weatherford truck, slow going out to job sites, are heavy trucks get way more hours than miles, figure it out, when it takes a month to get to CA. and you run every day the hours are out of whack with the miles, that is what happens when you drive 20 miles a hour if lucky.

16 hours ago, david wild said:

Weatherford truck, slow going out to job sites, are heavy trucks get way more hours than miles, figure it out, when it takes a month to get to CA. and you run every day the hours are out of whack with the miles, that is what happens when you drive 20 miles a hour if lucky.

gotcha. we have 1 with 140k miles and 12000 hrs, and we just drive around town, thats why it seemed strange to me

We were In CA. putting on a set of new drive tires on a new Western Star, because Caltrans decided even though the tires were legal they would not be when we got where we were going , so we changed them out a little early, super hero truck driver heard a comment from mechanic about less than 20k on tires, driver went on tirade about Michelin tires being junk and not getting any mileage, shut up after learned truck was grossing 414k and no push truck, he should have inquired to what was going on before making comment.  CH is nice truck, if no one steps up then we will start to make it really nice then it will either cost a whole lot more or it will go move airplanes, speaking of, any one ever hear or seen a F14 Tomcat mover over the road, RI to Annapolis MD coming up, update every one later on date so you can avoid route, you will not get around it, state Patrol and Navy brass will accompany, last combat ready plane being moved from storage to Naval Acad. for display., history making move moving history, you can see plane if you google F14 Quonset  museum.

So my buddy wanted to go out to NM and retreive the CH, I had Bruckners in Farmington pick it up and do a service, it was just down the road, anyway I get a call in the moring and of course you know what your going to hear, problems and more problems, instead he say's it looks better in person and runs great and he really wants it ?? that means he likes it and I should finance it,  a quick call to bruckners and the service manager Eli confirms that every thing is good and it runs great, Bruckners did great job, so now she is rolling toward GA. and hopefully good fortune holds out and she should be home in a couple of days, starting to like Farmington, second truck out of there and last one was great, long wheelbase KW W900B with Cat, now long wheelbase and the right make, maybe it will stay around.

Dammit!  If it were a 2-stack and 4.17 rears, it would be spec'd identical to mine...just a little older.  Wanna trade?  Only 130K on a ReMack motor in mine...came off the line June of 2000, so "officially" a 2001.  Same 240" wheel base, 2180B trans in mine, and 38K rears on air ride.

'Course trading would only really benefit me if I were running my own numbers. Company is requiring ELD's without regard to truck age if I stay with them.  Need to talk to an attorney, because they are requiring "compatability" with their peoplenet system, and want to charge me $12/week for the priviledge of helping to reduce the workload in the office doing paperwork.  Way I figure, if it benefits you, you should pay...and federal leasing regs prohibit making the purchase of ANY product or service from or through the carrier a condition of entering into the contract.  Bad enough it'll tie my hands (I've already told 'em I won't shut down a stones throw from home, no matter WHAT that stupid box says)...but to make me have to pay for it too crosses the line.

Shit...just noticed it's just a 350.  MIne is a 460P, and I don't think I'd want to give up 135hp making that trade.

Edited by RowdyRebel
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!