Craigslist Mack

Loadstar

Former Penobscot, ME Fire Department, Engine 4, 750/2000. It was replaced by a smaller 2016 Freightliner/E-One pumper/tanker. According to the Penobscot department the Mack,

while "iconic", its "double clutch and temperamental nature" made it difficult to use in emergency situations. Also, being 44 years old it was probably hard to find parts for it.

bulldogboy

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I would almost trade one of our CFs for that truck. it sounds to me like they don't have anyone left that knows how to drive it. I know its a old truck and its nice to up grade your equipment if you can but you just cant beat a MACK and if they cant get parts for it there not going to the right place to get them.

• Like 1

Joe that that truck has, should have, Yocum Creek written all over it. It would be a great addition to your fleet and the best tanker in the Evarts area based on reliability and the amount of water it carries.  I think you need to push David into having the county find some money. 

Just my opinion,

Don

Don if only I could win the lottery we would have the newest old mack fleet in the country. I would love to have a truck like this for our area. its prob got 3.000 or bigger tank. but then we would have the problem of not having anyone to drive it except me lol.  

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know who Purchased this Mack? Or how much it went for? The listing expired. This was one of the first firetrucks I ever Drove and still my Favorite. I drove it when it was Redding Engine 4  Back in 1993. Redding Ct.

1 hour ago, DJR said:

Does anyone know who Purchased this Mack? Or how much it went for? The listing expired. This was one of the first firetrucks I ever Drove and still my Favorite. I drove it when it was Redding Engine 4  Back in 1993. Redding Ct.

Redding, CT.  Damn, another yankee  

that truck is no match for "Pride of the West Side"

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

58 minutes ago, hatcity said:

Redding, CT.  Damn, another yankee  

that truck is no match for "Pride of the West Side"

What version? The old R model W2 or the Granite W2?..lol  I have driven them all and this is still my Favorite. Probably because it was a BEAST.. loved Redding ridge's 76 CF as well ...But the Granite "Pride of the west side" is right behind it. lol

• 4 months later...

This truck was purchased by Dave Foster of Henniker NH.   He owns Foster materials, I sent him the ad, he bought it, and I sent a truck to haul it back to his shop.   You could give him a call, a real nice guy who has a Mack collection of working trucks that make you drool!

Good luck, 

Bill

Nice to hear that it has been saved and not too far away. Along with Ayer & Goss Oil Company and Skip McKean Transportation, Henniker seems to have quite a few antique Macks. 

According to McKean, "The Only Henniker On Earth".

bulldogboy