Gerharts show next week. Who's going?

Freightrain

I'm trying to convince myself to take the 6 hr drive over and hang out.   Racing season is over last weekend so I'm free to do some truck show stuff now.  I have someone in Carlisle I might stop and see Thursday then be over at Gerharts Friday morning.  Still in the planning stage, will make final decision next week.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Planning to be there on Thursday afternoon - 2 1/2 hours from the PA farm.  Lots of "stuffit buffits" in the area - so much food and so little time.  Advanced forecast is nice for Friday and Saturday.  Hope it holds.  The last two (2) years it was rainy and attendance was down.  If you never been to Gerhart's you need to attend.  Friday night is the "Mack Clam Bake".  And if you go away hungry it is your own fault.  I am staying at my usual spot...Rodeway Inn in Akron, PA.  Several food vendors will be on the grounds Saturday.  And the Brunnersville Fire Dept ladies bake the BEST pies. Not sure if I will return to the farm on Saturday evening or spend the night (to eat more food) and drive on Sunday morning.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Larry,

How much "power" do you need?  If you talk to Roger he will likely let you run a power cord from the shop for hookup.  Roger is a very nice and accommodating person!  However I can't speak for Roger.  An issue is if more than a few do the same thing, the circuits get overloaded.  Leversole did it one year and mike69mackman has a "favorite pole" he used.

Are you brining your race car?  If so, perhaps you and Black in Black can have dueling burnouts on Saturday afternoon.

See everyone there and travel safe.

• Like 1

Ken

2 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

I've delivered to grocery stores in the area for years and can't say I  ever seen the place.    Can someone give me a general idea where the show is?

North of Lititz, PA on Brunnerville Road, about one (1) mile north of Newport Road (on the left as you are driving north).  Roger's house and shop sit back off the road about 100 years.  Do Google...910 Brunnerville Road; Lititz, PA.

• Like 1

Ken

17 hours ago, farmer52 said:

Larry,

How much "power" do you need?  If you talk to Roger he will likely let you run a power cord from the shop for hookup.  Roger is a very nice and accommodating person!  However I can't speak for Roger.  An issue is if more than a few do the same thing, the circuits get overloaded.  Leversole did it one year and mike69mackman has a "favorite pole" he used.

Are you brining your race car?  If so, perhaps you and Black in Black can have dueling burnouts on Saturday afternoon.

See everyone there and travel safe.

Just enough to run my lights inside(not rely on my little battery powered lights).  Run my frig, maybe the microwave in the morning.    I can dry camp, but sure is nice to have some power.  I'll ask Roger when I get there........."if" I end up coming.  I do hope to come, but.....

Larry

Turn at the Sheetz then make a left on the country lane at the old barn Gerharts  is on the left by all the equipment, I all ways park my suv up by the pine trees in the shade

And remember to buy some Orville Chocolate in town.

Edited by gxbxc

On 28/09/2017 at 1:23 PM, farmer52 said:

Planning to be there on Thursday afternoon - 2 1/2 hours from the PA farm.  Lots of "stuffit buffits" in the area - so much food and so little time.  Advanced forecast is nice for Friday and Saturday.  Hope it holds.  The last two (2) years it was rainy and attendance was down.  If you never been to Gerhart's you need to attend.  Friday night is the "Mack Clam Bake".  And if you go away hungry it is your own fault.  I am staying at my usual spot...Rodeway Inn in Akron, PA.  Several food vendors will be on the grounds Saturday.  And the Brunnersville Fire Dept ladies bake the BEST pies. Not sure if I will return to the farm on Saturday evening or spend the night (to eat more food) and drive on Sunday morning.

Just booked a room at Rodeway as well. From what I could see it was closest place to stay near Gerharts. My daughter and I will be there Friday afternoon 

Well, plans are coming together.  I got thurs and fri off.  Might try to get out to Carlisle on Thurs and meet up with a friend then get to the show Fri morning.   Plans subject to change.....

Larry

3 hours ago, alex g said:

Just booked a room at Rodeway as well. From what I could see it was closest place to stay near Gerharts. My daughter and I will be there Friday afternoon 

Rodeway is nothing special but it is clean and priced reasonable.  It is an old style motel where you park outside the door.  Ron (39 Baby Mack) and his wife have stayed there too.  The Rodeway does not have breakfast but Lititz Family Cupboard Restaurant on Newport Road (just west of Shittz/501 - near Gerhart's) is a good choice for breakfast on Saturday morning.  Looking forward to meeting you at Gerhart's.  Have a safe trip.

Planning to stop by Roger's on Thursday morning and drop the trailer.  Then suffit buffit at Oregon Farms and Rodeway check-in.  Anyone planning to be in town on Thursday?

Ken

Hi,what day is the best to be there? I went on sat. and it was okay but it did drizzle and I think it stopped some from showing up. I couldn't beleave the stuff that was there. I hope to run into some of you.I will have a scruffy camo hat with a fishing button on the front. Dave