2007 ctp 713 Mack in need of trunion bushings i need help

Lucky dogg

Hey all,

So I have a 2007 Mack ctp713 triaxle water truck.  I just noticed the reagents had movement from front to back.  Nothings moving side to side.  I called my local Mack dealer and they wanted the Vin number.  They called me back and said the job takes 24 hours and would cost me between $6-7k on a good smooth no other issue basis.  1-I don't have that kind of money, 2- I think that price is crazy seeing how they just charged me $9,000 to swap a tranny out, 3- I have never done suspension work.  I have heavy equipment and welding equipment (I am in the oilfield we normally fix all our own stuff on the rigs)  is this something I and my mechanic could do?  They were very hesitant to tell me my parts price and would not tell me what's consisting of the job.  I checked youtube and found a few videos but there not in English.  I am in northeast ohio.  If someone does this work or can assist me in helping out I am game.  Please help!

Rebushing rear suspension not rocket science just a lot of hard work if I could get 6k for that job that's all I would do

Camel back Rubber or grease  ?  Yup  me too ! 8 to 12 hours work plus parts! You need a real powerful 1 inch gun thou  1600 torque  on them ubolts !

The truck has camel back Mack suspension.  44k rears.  I crawled underneath er and inspected the springs and area around the springs.  No broken leafs, when I apply the brakes the rear end of the truck shifts slightly and you can just barely tell out the mirror the reagents walked a bit.  When you apply the throttle it goes away.  The truck still drives down the road straight and narrow

So, I had my mechanic check the truck out and it's actually the torque Rod arm.  One side has no bushing in it at all it sounds like.  My mechanic calls them dog bones.  I have one ordered.  250 bucks.  I will need to do this trunnion soon though!  I appreciate the help and glad I found this site.  Thanks all!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, Lucky dogg said:

The truck has camel back Mack suspension.  44k rears.  I crawled underneath er and inspected the springs and area around the springs.  No broken leafs, when I apply the brakes the rear end of the truck shifts slightly and you can just barely tell out the mirror the reagents walked a bit.  When you apply the throttle it goes away.  The truck still drives down the road straight and narrow

worn out pads in the spring caps will give movement too.    terry:D

• Like 1