Turbo down

smimike

OTR performance makes a $90  boost dummy for testing. Good to buy and have. We had one at our shop made of a large pipe cap drilled and pipe tapped for a 1/4" air nipple. Put 10psi on it and find your boost leak.

Never see bad turbos from the box, they are too low tech. Unless you bought from some brand X, eBay, china firm. 

Mack also has an awesome universal boost circuit tester made for MP group. I use it on everything, even 13.5 liter John Deere with VGT. Stretch, but it fits. 

For turbo warranty a Mack shop would pull and disassemble every tube from air filter to engine intake and change air filter. Psi wash CMCAC. If turbo through-shaft breaks on failed turbo we pulled the oil pan to make sure shaft frags were not in basement. Drain or remove intake, I never had to pull an intake. I have pulled the exhaust pipes to find the impeller from blow-up. 

In Wisconsin we also hang the CMCAC so residual wash water can not collect and freeze crack the low rib of CMCAC core. 

Good luck.👍 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2017 at 2:13 PM, Mack Technician said:

OTR performance makes a $90  boost dummy for testing. Good to buy and have. We had one at our shop made of a large pipe cap drilled and pipe tapped for a 1/4" air nipple. Put 10psi on it and find your boost leak.

Never see bad turbos from the box, they are too low tech. Unless you bought from some brand X, eBay, china firm. 

Mack also has an awesome universal boost circuit tester made for MP group. I use it on everything, even 13.5 liter John Deere with VGT. Stretch, but it fits. 

For turbo warranty a Mack shop would pull and disassemble every tube from air filter to engine intake and change air filter. Psi wash CMCAC. If turbo through-shaft breaks on failed turbo we pulled the oil pan to make sure shaft frags were not in basement. Drain or remove intake, I never had to pull an intake. I have pulled the exhaust pipes to find the impeller from blow-up. 

In Wisconsin we also hang the CMCAC so residual wash water can not collect and freeze crack the low rib of CMCAC core. 

Good luck.👍 

will the OTR performance boost leak tester work on a 2000 CL713 with E7-427 and do I need to 4 of 5in?? I don't recall the size and id like to order one. 

Edited by 2000CL713

new resized.jpg