Holy Smoke!!! Look Who Showed Up!!!

1958 F.W.D.

The story behind the hat is that Old Bill, "The Diesel Gypsy", asked me to wear it, so I did. I'll try to make a long story short-  He told me several years ago that he had the hat, somebody in Australia had sent it to him. He was preparing to move from Elliot Lake to Blind River because his wife had been accepted into a nursing home there, after being on a waiting list to get in for several years. He was "downsizing" in preparation for the move and getting rid of some things. I hated that he said he threw many boxes of pictures in a dumpster- I would have loved to go through those! So anyway, he told me he was going to send me the hat, but only if it fit me.

He asked me what size hat I wore, and I didn't even know- caps are pretty much "one size fits all" you know. But I assured him that it would fit, so he sent it. This was only the second time i've worn it, the first time being at the Winchester, Va. ATHS Show a few years ago.

I talked to him on the phone a few weeks ago and when I told him I was thinking about going to Macungie he said to "wear the hat, and take some pictures". So I did. It's a really nice hat too, an Akumbra, made in Australia, got a little bulldog on it and a gold "Mack" emblem. I never wear it, just keep it in my truck memorabilia cabinet.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

47 minutes ago, hatcity said:

"guy in orange shirt" is BCR?

you were in good hands as he is in the funeral business

he prolly slipped you his card

Guy in orange shirt is DCR Denny.  Denny was in the funeral business but I bet he still has connections.  fxfymn Carl is not in the picture.  Back in Black Albert showed up after this picture was taken and had to go pee.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

29 minutes ago, other dog said:

He asked me what size hat I wore, and I didn't even know- caps are pretty much "one size fits all" you know. But I assured him that it would fit, so he sent it. This was only the second time i've worn it, the first time being at the Winchester, Va. ATHS Show a few years ago.

Winchester 2013

P9280475.JPG

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

18 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

I got on 78 with him Saturday afternoon on the way home.  his truck steps along pretty good for as much wind as it catches.  

Dave was kind enough to fix dinner for a couple of us on Friday evening. He also gave a tour of the rig. Very well done. He mentioned for power it had a 383 stroker.

• Like 2