1962 B-81 Mack dump truck

Wesley

Be interesting to see the look on a loader operators face if you pulled this in to the gravel pit and said fill it and with 58,000 rears I bet you could put a nice mound on it.  [emoji4] 

There is a B-81 dump still working daily up & down 222 in PA, happy lady driver, too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, j hancock said:

What is your address?  They probably would deliver it.

I'm afraid that one's going to be a bit out of my price range. Plus, I don't have inside storage for it, and it looks like it deserves that.  I'm hoping to eventually run across a relatively inexpensive single-axle B61 dump that's in good enough shape to drive, but not so good that I'll feel horribly guilty about it sitting in the driveway.....  

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Job41 said:

How good was air assisted steering? I have never driven a truck that had that feature.  I have heard some drivers say that it has a funky feel about it.

just don't have your thumbs inside the wheel

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 2 years later...

I drove an f cabover 237 5speed and I hated it. I also got stuck driving an old freightshaker that had air steering what a real thrill getting in off road job sites. There was a gravel pit or something to do with that work that was over by bud lake that had autocars with the biggest rears I ever saw had to be at least 58's. Underdog your not far from over there do you know where I am talking about? 

TJC I was working in Netcong  at great northern trucking in the mid 70's and the boss sent me over there for some reason or other. I remember the truck and it looked like if the dirt road had a crown in it the rear would rub on the ground I remember the driver said they didn't have any rear problems.