Oil field B Model

14 hours ago, terry said:

straight looking truck, bet there was not to many of them made, does that hood look a little shorter than a regular B81 ?    terry:D

First one I recall seeing with that air can and no piping going into the panel in front of it. Makes it look plain odd to my eyes.  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yeah, I'm not sure what model it is. Nobody was around, no badges on the hood and I didn't want to mess around and open the door to see if the ID tag was there. Don't know if gas or diesel. It looked nice and straight, had broken glass in driver door.

I know where that truck is. As far as I've seen it's just used to dolly trailers around the yard. Go a little farther north on I15 and there are a bunch of big 80 series trucks still in use parked on west side of freeway. 

Edited by HeavyGunner
  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

16 hours ago, B MACK said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what model it is. Nobody was around, no badges on the hood and I didn't want to mess around and open the door to see if the ID tag was there. Don't know if gas or diesel. It looked nice and straight, had broken glass in driver door.

B81 with either a 673 or one of the N series Cummins. Odd, with the oil bath air filter and with the non existent piping, it  could almost be a B80 converted from 707 gas to a diesel

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

9 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

I know where that truck is. As far as I've seen it's just used to dolly trailers around the yard. Go a little farther north on I15 and there are a bunch of big 80 series trucks still in use parked on west side of freeway. 

I was guessing you had seen that truck. I don't get up that way very often, was coming back from Whitlash and it was less gravel than going straight to Hwy 2.   If you get back up north, snap a pict or two of those other B-80's.   Would love to see 'em.   Lota cool stuff in Kevin also...

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, hicrop10 said:

What town is it in? Anywhere near Kalaspel

would out there area years back.

About 160 miles northeast of Kalispell, depending on route.  Oilmont, Mt.,   North of Shelby, on I-15

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, hicrop10 said:

Are those trucks on hwy15?

This one in the photo I posted is in Oilmont, about a mile east of I-15.   The ones HeavyGunner mentioned are a little farther north and are parked close to the interstate....

• 1 month later...