Possible new truck purchase

Our newest truck is a 08 cxu613 mp-8 485 eaton fuller 13speed, grand touring interior. Whats all the pros and cons of new things offered today that weren't in 2008. This truck was pretty much top of the line in 2008 with all owner operator specs. Truck rides rougher than our 07 columbias on airliner, would twin y be a good option to go with? Open to feedback so i have somethings to go off of when talking to the boss. How about disc brakes? We'll either stay with a cxu or go with a chu. Demo'd a  m-drive for a week a few years ago on same route our current truck runs and seen worst fuel mileage. Thanks

I have a 16 CXU. I ordered mine with the twin Y.  I think it rides decent and my drives wear well.  I'm not sure what the "experiment gone wrong" part is all about.  I inquired about disc brakes and yeah back in the fall of 14 when ordering the truck it was a major deal to get disc brakes from Mack.   It was something like 5 thousand more and I seem to recal something about not being able to do them on the steer axle....I got fed up and just opted for the drums.   It was getting silly.   I opted for a 13 spd Eaton.  I have a 505 C+  very happy with the performance, fuel economy, and overal reliability up to this point with the truck overall.  If you have any other questions, I'll help if I can.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, upsman said:

All our Trucks since 2015 have come with disc brakes all the way around along with that dam Bendix collision mitigation system. 

The Bendix is no fun, but at least you can disable it by shutting off the cruise--you can't do that with the Meritor OnGuard.  It is, in my opinion, dangerous. 

1 hour ago, Jeff M said:

The Bendix is no fun, but at least you can disable it by shutting off the cruise--you can't do that with the Meritor OnGuard.  It is, in my opinion, dangerous. 

Not ours. Can't even turn the dam volume down on it.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to say it, even though we like macks, but the owners, myself, and my dad decided we like the new pete 567 better than a new mack at the moment so thats what they went with. 

KIMG0113.JPG

• Like 1

Paccar 455/13speed/3.42. Pulls very nice, pulls just as good if not better than our mp-485 and 14liter/515 detroits. So far fuel economy is about 6.4 to 6.7, can't wait to see what it is broke in.  We were very interested in a new chu, but pete salesman brought this around and pretty much changed our minds on the spot. We even test drove it with a load before the deal was made. Just like logtruckman said it's a nice mix of modern and old school. One thing i like is pete still uses standard pipe thread air line fittings instead of the special whatever thread fittings mack/volvo uses. 

I guess tomorrow the boss is placing an order for a new kenworth W900B cummins x15 605 hp.  first ever new non mack . We've had Western stars but they were used trucks. sick thing Is this kw is cheaper than a granite with a 505 and it comes with a tag axle from the factory , ...  

9 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

I hope Volvo reads these posts. Not likely.

Forward Volvo the link in an email 😁

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.