small Fergerson Tractor?

MACKS

a few pully's and   some cable should get er done, the blade push bars should extend rear ward and attach about where the drawbar is from the ones I've seen. or under the rear axle housings with drop brackets. Thinking about it a little more I might allow it to pivot under the rear half of the tractor and have thepush beams extend out the rear of the tractor, that way you could add some counter weight to help with traction and lessen the load on the lift cable for the front of the blade.  just a thought ! good luck.  

• Like 1

My Fergusen , angle frame, 1/4" plate with a pully and the cable is driven off the rear pto. Worked since it was added in 1951. 

http://46nme.jpg~original

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, MACKS said:

That looks awesome,do you have any more close up pictures?

The cable hooks to the rear arms that raise and  lower the rear Hammer grass cutter. The frame is all 4x4 angle with brackets to bolt to the trans/diff and front  axle mount. The plow is an old 8 foot manual unit with a pin and rail to position left, right and straight ahead. The plow is off and old CJ3A.

Give me a week or 2 and I'll give you basic drawings, materials, mounts and photos.  I put it in a container in Va, since my driveway is 3/4 mile long I can now use my Scoopmobile here

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 2/11/2017 at 2:39 PM, MACKS said:

Good ideas,surprised they never made a front plow for these tractors.

they did make one detroit harvester or dearborn harvester one of those cos. i have one   fits  8n 9n 2n   or mfs, of same size will get ya some pics of it .works off the   3  pt.hitch  would be real easy to copy                        heres a pic. made by blackhawk     i have never tried to use this but looks like it would work for light stuff

DSCN0856.JPG

DSCN0863.JPG

DSCN0861.JPG

DSCN0857.JPG

Edited by carlotpilot
  • Like 1

The only drawback to the winch would be that you will have to manually angle the blade when you want to change from right to left or to straight. Being able to hydraulically angle the blade makes you much more productive. 

The downside to electric/hydraulics is they are amperage hogs. You may need to add a second battery or replace the generator with a higher amperage alternator.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

10 minutes ago, MACKS said:

So does the whole frame move to raise the plow,looks like the plow is hard bolted to it?

the whole frame moves up&down  being hinged at the rear axle  there are also parts mounted to the tractor! we have the tractor with all the parts to operate the rig  but as i said i have never tried to use it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MACKS said:

So does the whole frame move to raise the plow,looks like the plow is hard bolted to it?

Mine only the plow raises. It pivots on the two front angle brackets. The plow assembly is standard Jeep Style. The main frame under the tracker is solidly attached.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

if i get the time soon i will fire the old tractor up and hook this rig up and see how it looks `the whole mess that i have is in line for at least a paint up overhaul.  i would like to see for myself if its usable at all. will post pics. when that happens . the plow rig needs some repair before its hooked up again i don`t imagine i`ll plow anything with it this winter:D     

10 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

if i get the time soon i will fire the old tractor up and hook this rig up and see how it looks `the whole mess that i have is in line for at least a paint up overhaul.  i would like to see for myself if its usable at all. will post pics. when that happens . the plow rig needs some repair before its hooked up again i don`t imagine i`ll plow anything with it this winter:D     

Should be very useable,here is my idea as of now,I'd make a pipe frame like yours,it will attach and privet under the rear axle,it will extend rearward and I will fab up the ends as to attach to the two hyd arms eliminating any cable hook ups,I also have a home made weight made from a thirty gallon drum filled with concrete that attaches to the hyd arms also,my thinking with this weight on when I lower the arms it will raise the plow I'll need a light weight plow and will also fabricate something for the front axle to prevent side to side movement.What do you guys think?Also this way allow me to apply some down pressure on the plow for back blading..

I had a really nice ford 2N I used for years on my place in iowa I restored and repainted the whole thing I really liked sitting on that little tractor mowing weeds for hours. I sold the tractor and all the implements when I sold the property to a neighbor out there he wanted the whole thing together I really hated to sell it but it wasn't going to do me any good where I live now.