Heavy spec'd Granite

Yes you can even get the rawhide interior and appearance package . One thing I'm not sure of is if a Granite can be ordered with the most powerful MP8 505 C+ with the 1860 torque.  Other than that yes heavy front and rear axles and I actually think the frame options were the same . I don't care for the granites big rubberized fender flares other than I like them and could be swayed to get one if the price was lower than a bigger kw,westernstar,or Pete.  I'm pretty sure a Granitewith all the bells and whistles would be more than a other kind of truck with a 15 or 16 liter motor . That's the problem .

6 minutes ago, logtruckman said:

Macks telling us we don't need anything bigger than a granite with a  13 liter motor always makes the buyer want to go buy a big Western star or Kenworth just to defy them and tell them to stick it 

The culture at Volvo and in Europe is that Volvo tells the customer what they need.

Versus, in America, the fleet large or small tells the truckmaker what they want.

Thus, it's not the least surprising that Volvo doesn't listen to its American customers, nor its U.S. dealer body. You all are supposed to remain quiet and listen to Volvo's lecture. It's not supposed to be an interactive event.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

The culture at Volvo and in Europe is that Volvo tells the customer what they need.

Versus, in America, the fleet large or small tells the truckmaker what they want.

Thus, it's not the least surprising that Volvo doesn't listen to its American customers, nor its U.S. dealer body. You all are supposed to remain quiet and listen to Volvo's lecture. It's not supposed to be an interactive event.

That's why macks market share is under 10 percent 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the manufacturer specced truck is taking over, Volvo's sales are lagging Daimler's because Daimler has done a better job of conning their customers into it, and their customers are less sophisticated than Mack's. Used to be that fleet maintenance and purchasing were done by someone with a background as a mechanic or driver, and they new exactly what components worked and specced them. Now days fleets are run by MPAs and even lawyers, and they think it's normal for a truck to be scrapped after 10 years and spend much of that 10 years in the shop. Their buying decisions are driven by lowest price and maybe MPG, and they consider rapid depreciation a good thing...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Can they get me a glider?  Lol

That they can not, because Volvo Group doesn't believe in gliders, an American concept.

It will be interesting to see if Trump's EPA rolls back the GHG plan. Fitzgerald might continue producing them past 2021.

Thank goodness EPA head Gina McCarthy is gone. She made Margaret Hamilton look like the "good" witch.

12 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

That they can not, because Volvo Group doesn't believe in gliders, an American concept.

It will be interesting to see if Trump's EPA rolls back the GHG plan. Fitzgerald might continue producing them past 2021.

Thank goodness EPA head Gina McCarthy is gone. She made Margaret Hamilton look like the "good" witch.

No kidding, we don't need activists in government. We need people that can figure out the happy medium. 

• Like 2