Pictures of the Week

other dog

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, 41chevy said:

The fire ain't doing a whole lot of burning, but it's still smoking- I took this about 15 minutes ago!

DSCN7215.JPG

Wonder what they're clearing that spot for?..maybe they are fixin' to move in- it's getting kind of crowded around here now. The houses on either side of me are both empty right now, but some people we know are trying to buy the one through the woods here, and the other one is for sale too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Only met one ornery DOT cop was on 95 in Connecticut  bout 3mi south of the TA near Branford in the rest area,was deliberately trying to tick me off,I saw what he was up to and killed him with kindness! I had JUST run out of hrs,was heading for the TA when he stopped me! He could have made me spend the night at the rest area,but let me go to the truck stop!  Blew a trailer tire on 95 In Va right south of the old Speed and Briscoe  TS a Va trooper pulled over and I mentioned that I hadn't eaten that day,he said " what kind of food do you like?" He suggested several restaurants and I picked one,he took me there, came back in an hour,and took me to Speed and Briscoes so I could get a tire man, by then I'm broke and I'm getting a cup of coffee in the cafeteria line and the tire man says,"is that all you want" I said that's all I could afford! So he lends me ten bucks (I was waiting for a comchek to pay the tire man!) So that's two acts of kindness in one day!That was 1976 but I've never had a bad DOT inspection really!courtesy goes a long way! Another o/o  and I were running together on our way to Texas and they pulled me around back at Brownsville Tn! We would leave our logs open and do them every night when we laid over! OMG I haven't started my log .   an I've been driving all day and I'm In Tennessee! The inspector said he needed one more truck to complete his day! "Must be my lucky day I quipped" We got to the log part and I showed him my blank log meanwhile my friend is pulled over just past the scale waiting for me and I told him he may as well go on...Whadda you mean the inspector says? I said I've been driving 8 hrs and haven't started my log!! He says "just make something up but don't show more than 10 hrs!" He gave me a warning for a couple marker lights ( one bulb out on a two bulb lamp) and said "have a nice day"! Whew!

• Like 1

Only met one ornery DOT cop was on 95 in Connecticut  bout 3mi south of the TA near Branford in the rest area,was deliberately trying to tick me off,I saw what he was up to and killed him with kindness! I had JUST run out of hrs,was heading for the TA when he stopped me! He could have made me spend the night at the rest area,but let me go to the truck stop!  Blew a trailer tire on 95 In Va right south of the old Speed and Briscoe  TS a Va trooper pulled over and I mentioned that I hadn't eaten that day,he said " what kind of food do you like?" He suggested several restaurants and I picked one,he took me there, came back in an hour,and took me to Speed and Briscoes so I could get a tire man, by then I'm broke and I'm getting a cup of coffee in the cafeteria line and the tire man says,"is that all you want" I said that's all I could afford! So he lends me ten bucks (I was waiting for a comchek to pay the tire man!) So that's two acts of kindness in one day!That was 1976 but I've never had a bad DOT inspection really!courtesy goes a long way! Another o/o  and I were running together on our way to Texas and they pulled me around back at Brownsville Tn! We would leave our logs open and do them every night when we laid over! OMG I haven't started my log .   an I've been driving all day and I'm In Tennessee! The inspector said he needed one more truck to complete his day! "Must be my lucky day I quipped" We got to the log part and I showed him my blank log meanwhile my friend is pulled over just past the scale waiting for me and I told him he may as well go on...Whadda you mean the inspector says? I said I've been driving 8 hrs and haven't started my log!! He says "just make something up but don't show more than 10 hrs!" He gave me a warning for a couple marker lights ( one bulb out on a two bulb lamp) and said "have a good day"  Brocky, you better believe courtesy works! When he started the inspection the DOT man asked if he could sit in my truck to fill out his report ,I said "of course!" I believe the Brownsville scale was where " 60 minutes" did their infamous report on unsafe trucks and outlaw drivers ! Several months before they stopped me!