Gus #9 1946 The Road to Life Once Again

TDBach

• 4 weeks later...

Progress!  

Friday I finished building and installing the interior..after a serious fight with headliner glue.. I got it done. Dome light, gauges, door trim.. all finished! 

Charge air cooler brackets still have to be made, and drive shaft adapters were machined last night.  Still have wiring and some painting to do but she's almost done!  

Gus #9 has had over 30 onsite visitors who keep stopping by to monitor the progress!  Almost ready for our test drive!!! 

I tried to post pictures but it won't let me post them.  

Have a good day everyone! 

Ms. Tracy D.

• Like 1

Those are nice gauges They look period. Speedometer mechanical or electronic?.

Nice work doing the head liner and panels.    Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The gauges are mechanical, and I had to go with cheaper ones. The ones I wanted that were even more like the old Mack gauges were about 1000.00.  Since we had no patterns for anything it was a lot of measuring etc. but it turned out great.  The steering wheel has been wrapped in buffalo leather with braided trim.. its really starting to come together!   I just got Insurance on it today through Hagerty Insurance, and Dan was awesome!  It was really tough to find someone who would insure this truck.  Moving along!  Getting closer to our drive date! 

• Like 1

Wow. If at all possible you guys need to bring this to the ATCA Annual Father's Day Truck Show (the largest annual truck show) in Macungie Pa. and if not to Macungie then to the Mack Trucks Historical Museum "TRUCKTOBERFEST!" on October 21. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

On 4/28/2017 at 2:52 PM, Mike said:

It all looks good. I even like the heater in the ceiling, with the hat on. Gus is All American.Thanks for showing, OH! and the gauges look good to.

This is funny!  That old topless Victorian woman with her hat on in the background... I forgot about her! She's been there for years I guess ha!  

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 11:04 PM, TDBach said:

This is funny!  That old topless Victorian woman with her hat on in the background... I forgot about her! She's been there for years I guess ha!  

It's alright, Don't get a chance to see ladies with hats on . Ha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well look at it this way. once the idiots remove all statues and mention of the civil war, we can then tell them to go pound salt because slavery never happened when they come looking for reparations. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

19 hours ago, TDBach said:

Pray for this country and our Veterans as idiots are removing statues of leaders of American history...what has this country become?  Do these folks not understand what it means to live in the land of the free...or home of the brave ?  Hang on to your history books... as it appears some are wiping it off the face of the earth... very sad.  

Yes and I'm totally upset about it. We members of Sons Of Confederate Veterans spend big money to protect the correct history of these men and their families. If it had been wrong then I'm sure the north would have been opposed to it years ago. I don't feel it is the flag or statues as much as it is to when they look at themselves in the mirror in the morning. I think of slavery every time I go outside or watch tv, now that they are in everything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Yes and I'm totally upset about it. We members of Sons Of Confederate Veterans spend big money to protect the correct history of these men and their families. If it had been wrong then I'm sure the north would have been opposed to it years ago. I don't feel it is the flag or statues as much as it is to when they look at themselves in the mirror in the morning. I think of slavery every time I go outside or watch tv, now that they are in everything.

For those of you that have interest in the U.S. Civil War history, here attached is an interesting paper about our beloved song Battle Hymn of the Republic and the oft-maligned song Dixie.  I found it to be fascinating.

Understanding “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” Abbeville Institute.mht

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 1

Interesting how in your linked article, the part about blacks and REPUBLICANS not being able to vote... Remember through history, Democrats have mostly been on the wrong side of history. Most civil rights advances come about through Republican actions and conservative free market ideas. People of all creeds need opportunity and consequences, not advantages.

• Like 2