1947 Mack model LJT

LRSIMON

Thanks guys ! We have the old girl running if we pull it. Air brakes are working, head lights and tail light working also. If will run right down the road. It would take a real man to drive it everyday ! Pretty rough suspension and no power steering or air, ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys I need some help. What is the correct Bulldog Hood ornament for Dad's 47 LJT ? I have had guys tell me chrome, others tell me gold and yet others say it should be brass. Is there any resources that would tell me what it should be ? I am just trying to have it with the right one. The piece it mounts to that circles the radiator opening is brass along with the piece the goes horizontal across the front below that. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks 

Thanks J Hancock ! That is what I got for dad. Would the piece it mounts to need to been rechromed ? I will attach a picture,  maybe you could tell me what the front piece should look like. Any idea where I could get the LJT babies for the front ? I think it goes just below the Mack, maybe I am wrong. 

Thanks

20161015_173212.jpg

The dog base and the script plate should be chrome.  The "Mack" lettering would be black.

LJT babies?  There is a small tag for the center grill dividing bar that would say "LJ" not "LJT".  That tag will have to come from another truck or John Chalmers might have the tag but he was selling out his inventory so at this point, the search is on.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Welcome. Very nice truck. With just under 14,000 made from 1940 to 1956 you should have a somewhat trouble free parts search.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

I have a LJ tag for your rad brace pm me .i would not fool around with 24 volt system .your better off going to 12 volt. all it takes is a 12 volt starter and a little rewiring to starter. two 12 volt batterys then if you have problems down the road you can jump start off a 12 volt car. I did this to my LJSWX and starts like a hot dam. same engine as yours..220 CUMMINS.I put a gold bulldog on mine because the truck is a 55 and is older than 50 years which is gold in anneverse time.

• Like 1