Need mufflers

Hook n ladder 1

Theres a few guys in the neighborhood with straight pipes.  sounds cool as they re going by but wouldnt want to sit under them all day.  What do you mean dual stack?  Dual exhaust? Thats what I have I was just going to buy whatever the single muffler part number was and get 2 of them.  Anyone use walker mufflers?

The new muffler us a hi/temp grease in their brgs.I used a pair of noise breakers i think made by walker on my DD and they were so quite that you could hear you self thinking.The new freightliners at that time used them and i sure did like them.Years ago guys would install a short ricker muffler and as much stack as you could get on top which made a good sound.A old trick old timers used years back was throw all of their old flash light battiers down in the muffler and i guess that would burn them out.

glenn akers

23 minutes ago, theakerstwo said:

The new muffler us a hi/temp grease in their brgs.I used a pair of noise breakers i think made by walker on my DD and they were so quite that you could hear you self thinking.The new freightliners at that time used them and i sure did like them.Years ago guys would install a short ricker muffler and as much stack as you could get on top which made a good sound.A old trick old timers used years back was throw all of their old flash light battiers down in the muffler and i guess that would burn them out.

Glenn, if you remember back when, those batteries were used to help the flame turn a bluish tint. They would start out a yellowish orange then go to a purple, and darken to that blue color. That was when that engine was a purring like a kitty. All the guys wanted that back in the 50's and early 60's. The odor was more pleasant with those batteries. It would tone down the smell of diesel to a more familiar classic barn yard odor. Like Vitaminimulch.  

• Like 1

I never drove back then but remenber drivers talking about theflame.Most talked about settingthe fuelup a little at a time till they could get asix inche cone and no more.Now it would be a two foot of flames if they could.I tell my son abou tthe old trucks that would come by the interstate blowing smoke and he cant believe they had them.I worked next to I44 here and i could tell if it was a 220 cummins or a DD or mack.There was no cats then.The cat dealer here had a white with a cat engine in it but i think they installed it.

The reason i like the quite muffletrs is cause i cant hear with out hearing aids and all they do for me is make what i dont unterstand louder.

• Like 1

glenn akers