cf 600 dash cut off switch.

gearhead204

hitting a wall trying to replace the cole hersee cut off switch on the dash, best I can tell the part # is 81087424, but it goes nowhere in current parts books. the truck is a 76 cf600 and this cut off switch is a lever style  on-off switch and has three terminals   on the back with like a 10-32 screw to attach wires to. it is used to enable all dash functions.  any help would be great          Rob.

haven't yet , time zone issues! tried using online catalogue and sourcing thru napa could only find the case style which is (d) but was unable to find any switches in this configuration.  thanks for the links I didn't see them when looking online! 

Try a marine supply like West Marine, that seem to be more like a running light unit.   Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

well the ole girl is getting closer to coming out of retirement and going back to work, just a few small details left like changing oil in the pump transfer case and rear axle and trans. still have to do a vac. test on the valves but I'm sure it will go well after rebuilding all the valves. 

IMG_20160716_220327743 (3).jpg

• Like 1

yes! the truck was upgraded in the mid 90's the 500 gal steel tank was traded for a 700 gal. poly so no issues there! the rest of the truck is great, no rust only 19,000 miles  and 850 hours on the eng.  The  investment has gone up more than I would have liked, after replacing the transfer valve, valve sleeve and bushing, rebuilding 6 apparatus valves and reconditioning 3 more the purchase price has been exceeded at least 5 times........good thing I got a deal on it!  

Randy, the kit was for the pumps built after 78, but I did forward the kit along, so it will be used. thanks again for getting that to me, i've lost 20 lbs walking to the mail box looking for the pony caps:D your beer money is waiting on those caps:thumb: