Stuff to see in Arizona if you get a chance

grayhair

37 minutes ago, 57 bcr said:

I have yet to get there,grayhair. On my bucket list though.     Al

There is so much cool stuff to see in Arizona.  if you don't have school-age children to take with you, then the best time to go is April or May (before kids are out on on summer vacation) or September/October after they are back in school.  Much less crowded at tourist spots like the Grand Canyon.  Other stuff to see is old mining town, Jerome, AZ, and Sin Agua Indian ruins.  Couple more photos.  Photo doesn't do justice to the Grand Canyon.  

Jun 2011 NM, AZ, NV 278.jpg

Jun 2011 NM, AZ, NV 197.jpg

Jun 2011 NM, AZ, NV 233.jpg

• Like 2

There is a lot more to see in Jerome, the town is haunted too. Did you get the the truck graveyard in one of the old quarries there? Not a public tour though. I was invited but could not make it last year. Lots of old iron in then there hills... A real treasure trove I am told... Found a couple of LT's up by there in Cottonwood a few years back, only wanted to sell them complete, no parts.

I know of the fellow in Jerome that has the old mine and the trucks.  He is a member of the ATHS and a fellow made a video of him and his trucks about 15 yrs ago.  I'm trying to find it, I have the VHS version and there are a few that are put on Youtube.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

8 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I know of the fellow in Jerome that has the old mine and the trucks.  He is a member of the ATHS and a fellow made a video of him and his trucks about 15 yrs ago.  I'm trying to find it, I have the VHS version and there are a few that are put on Youtube.

Nope, was unaware and didn't see old truck graveyard.  I would like to though next time in AZ.  I did see Pancho Villa and General Scott. -_- 

Pancho.JPG

Edited by grayhair

20 hours ago, j hancock said:

Pretty sure that is Don Robertson out in Jerome.

Yup, couldn't say his name, but it was on the tip of my tongue.  I haven't watched those videos in a few years, I have the full set.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Nice scenaries, thank you for sharing.

Colorado river is on my "to watch" list but in Utah.

Currently it's not the plan for the nearest future though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 4/20/2016 at 8:04 PM, HarryS said:

That's him. I met him and his truck a number of years ago at one of the ATHS shows. What a character, what a truck. Sounds like he has about as many gears as FT.

"I've got a 13 speed transmission with a 3 speed auxiliary and a 2 speed rear end, for a total of 78 forward speeds..."

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

1 hour ago, HarryS said:

I would need a computer to make that calculation.

Yeah hate to forget what gear you're in. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.