Tidy up 84 R model

All the little steps add up. Looks like you made good progress. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

looking good Tim dont forget to put the buckle in for the baby capsule cant have the new edition fiddling with the knobs etc LOL

Dump question from Paul how you gunna keep cool as a cucumber when you closed off all the vents because them R model cabs can get a tad tropical or at least thats what Ive found

keep at it Tim the trailer must be all done and now you need something to drag it around with

Paul

looking good Tim dont forget to put the buckle in for the baby capsule cant have the new edition fiddling with the knobs etc LOL

Dump question from Paul how you gunna keep cool as a cucumber when you closed off all the vents because them R model cabs can get a tad tropical or at least thats what Ive found

keep at it Tim the trailer must be all done and now you need something to drag it around with

Paul

I'll get some tie down points for the baby capsule. 8mm chain should do the trick!

Funny thing with my truck, there was no vent in the roof to start with. Just a bit of sheet metal held in by rubber. My dads truck is the same. And the vent on the passenger side was covered by the air filter bracket so wasn't usable. But I'm gonna try insulate as much as I can.

Trailer is nearly done. Just waiting for hydraulics and paint. Probably 2 weeks and I'll have some finished pics.

• Like 1

yeah the vent on side on mine is rusted well the panel is and I cant use it either the one on the roof is there and works fine and hasnt got rust about the part of the cab doesnt have rust

Paul

Gotta love the tropics Paul! Like you said,"sweat when you get up sweat when you go to bed"!

Tim your doing a great job. Love the pictures!

Keep on the progress!

I don't know do you have AC in your truck or not but driving mine in the summer I found out that the roof vent work fine.

Gives alot of fresh air in and cools off the inside. I would say it effects much more than I would expect.

On the other hand you can cut a hole in the plate you weld any moment you want to. Just vent assembly would be required.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

What is the dimensions of the stack mounts? That looks like a nice replacement for the factory mounts when going from one to two stacks.

It's made out of 3 inch square tube, about 4mm thick. From top bracket to bottom bracket is 1200mm, and when mounted on the truck should be about 1 inch narrower than the cab and finish inline with the top of the window. Sorry I can get exact measurements if you like, but not till next week. I hope to dummy fit it pretty soon with new exhaust and some cross braces.

Keep on the progress!

I don't know do you have AC in your truck or not but driving mine in the summer I found out that the roof vent work fine.

Gives alot of fresh air in and cools off the inside. I would say it effects much more than I would expect.

On the other hand you can cut a hole in the plate you weld any moment you want to. Just vent assembly would be required.

Thanks for the comments. Regarding the vent, you've given me something to ponder... This truck does have air conditioning and it keeps my left knee very cool, not so much the rest of my body.

Thanks for the comments. Regarding the vent, you've given me something to ponder... This truck does have air conditioning and it keeps my left knee very cool, not so much the rest of my body.

It took me a couple of minutes to figure out how AC could make cool your LEFT knee :):)

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

My R had a sliding back window, pop it open a bit and open the the vent windows(wind wings?) and keep it pretty cool, sucks all the crap out too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE