LJ sleeper cab from Ken Robinson collection update

My father had two like that and two day cabs around the early 50`s the one my father drove is still working in a gravel pit with a 500 gallon tank for dust control but stays in a garage. Mr Tietz from Woodbury CT told my son when he gets out of collage come talk to him but still visit There is one poping up at car shows all redone but no truck shows seen pictures of it from the WTBY CT area ..

Ed

R.J. Guerrera of golden age of trucks wanted to buy it but Tietz wouldn't sell .He ran it till late 80"s pulling a dump trailer and low bed he has three rears for it one that does 45 mph 65 mph 112 mph , My father seen that truck in Mack dealership show room in the Carolina:s love the LJ so much he went back and the dealer went out of business he spent 2 weeks looking and found it in Florida dealership in 1952 then bought it and 1more sleeper an 2 day cabs . Red Smith that advertise on her use to drive for my dad he since past away . He use to park all the trucks on Buckingham st and Sunny side ave across the street from the bar& pizza in the 60"s 70"s..

Ed

GILLIS Ellis Island NYC my grandfather kept saying GYLES stuck with Gillis ever since my aunt owned built the Carvel in Thomaston next to fire house and the farm by Echo lake on French st & ice house rd .P S we go back to earl;y 1900:s when they shoved the roads by hand & cut ice out of the lake and stored it at the end of the road.

Ed