another bulldog in ky

joes mack

Howard is a wonderful man who is full of knowledge and passion for fire fighting and its history. He has put a lot of effort into helping the Lower Clover Fork Fire Department. The addition of the Mack CF was much needed. This apparatus will help provide fire protection in Lower Clover Fork and the surrounding communities. I am proud to say that he is a friend of mine.

Don

• Like 2

were slowly building a little New York here on Cloverfork thanks to Howard and Don Yocum Creek Fire Dept has 3 CFs Upper Cloverfork has 3 CFs and now Lower Cloverfork has 1. now if we can get a couple R models for the tankers we will be set for life.

• Like 1

My wife's parents and grandparents are from Harlan County (Evarts, Lynch and Cawood). We spent last Thanksgiving there. It is one of my favorite places on earth to visit, but the poverty that is evident throughout those hills is heartbreaking. The media portrays the hungry and the poor as city dwellers and rarely do they get off their butts to go see how the rest of America struggles unless its Diane Sawyer who went to Harlan to tell America that the kids there drink too much Mountain Dew. It was pathetic, look it up on YouTube I'm sure its available.

Anyway... This donation will make a huge difference. Round of applause for Howard.

• Like 1

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

I remember that story and recall thinking that these folks don't have two nickels to rub together. We need some industry that the EPA won't banish from existence for areas like this. It's nice to have some clean air but it would be great if we could all have some food on the table...and a table with a roof over it as well. It's good to see they are getting a little help for something there. I guess we need more "undocumented workers" to help depress wages more....Oh yeah, that is a nice looking truck too. There sure are a bunch of levers at the top of the control panel...Need a PHD to figure all that stuff out.

Congratulations. What's the story? Where is Palm Coast? Don, how did you play into this?

I often wonder why more trucks are not donated to needy companies. Three of my local companies consolidated and they have a 1988 Pierce sitting in the unused house. They tried to sell it to me but I only offered $3000. I don't want it and I don't need it, but they could donated it to a company that both wants it and needs it. It would be doing what it was made to do rather than sitting unused and unneeded. I only paid $2900 for my CF just out of service. I doubt that money made a big difference to the company I bought it from but the truck could have made a big difference to a needy community.

Anyway, congratulations again. I hope it serves the community well.

Mike

Just below St. Augustine, FL

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

the department this truck went to was in bad need of it they did not have a running truck and we (yocum creek ) loaned them our 1967 F 700 ford to keep the state from shutting the doors. if they had of been closed down there community would not of had any fire protection until we would of got there which is about 10 to 15 minutes away. being we run mutual aid with them anyway at least they were on scene spraying water when we got there. now they have this truck and there Chevrolet pumper running again they should be able to be more aggressive with the water until our tanker and engine get there.

• Like 1

I have often wondered why the IAFC did not have some kind of an on-line exchange for departments that need gear so they could pair up with those places that would be willing to help out.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Great story! If more departments would donate or sell reasonable more truck's to department with limited funds, it would be greatly appreciated! My younger brother is a volunteer at a rural department in Tennessee and they struggle to keep trucks in good shape and running. I think they have 3 CF's that are second or third hand trucks.