I'm Afraid My Ass Is Had:

Got a call from my bride a few moments ago: Seems she was inclined to feed my "shop cat" and upon entering the building, turning on the lights, apparently discovering my latest acquisition. She swears I will regret ever teaching her how to use a cutting torch, and sharpening her knife.

If allowed her way, she would have a big pile of scrap metal covered in blood, (mine).

I'm out of town for a couple of days with my daughter, so "pray" for me and possessions; I really don't want to lose my nuts upon return. That would ruin my whole day.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well at least now I know I'm not the only one with a understanding wife. :rolleyes:

She's not too bad, quite tolerant actually. 31 years being married to me says something about tolerance.

I know my wife wishes I had some other hobbies but the trucks are what I enjoy, so I'm let to be me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

She's not too bad, quite tolerant actually. 31 years being married to me says something about tolerance.

I know my wife wishes I had some other hobbies but the trucks are what I enjoy, so I'm let to be me.

Rob

Wait till you retire and dont got much money and then my wife always says you remenber all the money you sent in those old trucks and airplanes and non of them made you any money and i have to agree. I remenber what my mon all ways said about a fool and hims money and now i know who you was speaking of. me

glenn akers

Cant be as bad as my old man.lol. I found a b model that is an extended cab that he had to have. Of course he bought it 6 years ago and didnt bring it home til last year, and the only reason it came home this early is cause the who was storing it sold his property. It was also moved 2 times prior to that before coming home.. So when mom said when did u buy that he said 6 years ago...

Why don't you try naming some of these projects after your better half? You know, like they do with boats.

Just in case, I would still empty the acetylene tank, and throw away the sharpening stones!!

I have been threatened within an inch of my life if I do that naming thing after her. I tell you, "no sense of humor sometimes" with that woman.

She really doesn't car too much what I do in the shop; Just have to leave it at the shop. I don't even entertain business calls at home any longer. We both work long hours so uninterupted "down time" is important.

Rob

just tell her you've had that latest project for years, and you're surprised she'd never noticed it 'til now :D

You know there Tom, I've actually tried that one before. Now sometimes out of the clear blue she will say: "I think you've bought another Mack that I don't know about". This is a problem as I don't have a long enough memory span to know if I've told her anything or not.

Rob

I have been threatened within an inch of my life if I do that naming thing after her. I tell you, "no sense of humor sometimes" with that woman.

Man's Best Friend

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment: Put your dog and your wife in the boot of the car for an hour. Then open the boot and see which one is really happy to see you!

:chili::banana::chili:

Rob, please don't tell her this joke. Believe me they DO NOT have a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Man's Best Friend

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment: Put your dog and your wife in the boot of the car for an hour. Then open the boot and see which one is really happy to see you!

:chili::banana::chili:

Rob, please don't tell her this joke. Believe me they DO NOT have a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

Rod.

I've already pulled that one on her. It was not found to be popular!

Can't disagree though!

Rob

Rob, just tell her you'r storing it for a friend, Morgan (b61fred) and was thinking about buying or swapping some stuff fot it!

Hi Charlie, she won't fall for that one twice!! (Been there, done that)!

I'm afraid I must fess up this time.

Rob

Why don't you try naming some of these projects after your better half? You know, like they do with boats.

Just in case, I would still empty the acetylene tank, and throw away the sharpening stones!!

Now that I'm single - - - (20+ years)

I don't think I would ever name a truck "Lard A$$" - - - Just wouldn't be fair to the truck!!!!!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

You could A;Tell her it came attatched to some other parts that you bought...B; Bought for her as a Anniversary/Birthday/Sweetest Day/Mothers Day...uh... present? :mack1:B)

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Rob, just tell her it's a customers truck and you're gonna be charging him big bucks for a complete restoration, and when you get the money, you'll be buying her all kinds of stuff.

(Hey, it might work, never know!)

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Rob, just tell her it's a customers truck and you're gonna be charging him big bucks for a complete restoration, and when you get the money, you'll be buying her all kinds of stuff.

(Hey, it might work, never know!)

I always get caught. Woman is always out thinking me. Constantly leaves me in the middle of the floor "babbling & shit".

Pretty sure she would not fall for that one again either.

I think I've tried just about everything through the years.

Rob

Hi,

Don't even try to pin this on me... If My wife and yours started to conspire aginst us there would be Heck to pay!..... I have found a way to get her interrest in this hobby though.... I will hold up a Mack part at the shop and tell her what it is and how much it is worth... and to not let anyone else screw her out of it at the estate acution when I am dead and gone!! I have always got the guilt trip that I sold a truck to help buy the house.....

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

I have always got the guilt trip that I sold a truck to help buy the house.....

Fred

Allow me to tell you from past experience. "Do not even bring that up"! The reprecussions will not be pretty.

Rob

Hi,

Don't even try to pin this on me... If My wife and yours started to conspire aginst us there would be Heck to pay!..... I have found a way to get her interrest in this hobby though.... I will hold up a Mack part at the shop and tell her what it is and how much it is worth... and to not let anyone else screw her out of it at the estate acution when I am dead and gone!! I have always got the guilt trip that I sold a truck to help buy the house.....

Fred

According to my wife: "Everything you own is worth what it will bring across the scales".

That is a direct quote. I only wish I weren't serious.

Rob