And, On A Sad Note...

other dog

I talked to Old Bill (http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/) on skype this morning. His wife of 51 years, Muriel, passed away last night. She was diagnosed with alzheimer's disease 8 years ago and has been in a nursing home in Blind River, Ontario for several years. He said he will move back to Elliott Lake now.

He said he might come to see me some day too- I told him if he did I would pay for his gas to get here, and I certainly would. You might think that will never happen, but he told me last week that he got "cabin fever" and drove to Vancouver, by himself, just for the hell of it, at 79 years old. He said he wanted me to barbecue, and that he would bring me some "good beer", which according to him i've never had.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Alzheimers takes such a long, terrible toll on the patient as well as the family.

you and Bill come down to sunny South Flori-duh in early April.

Palm Beach Raceway will be the opening of the Minimizer Big Rig Racing.

*you do know Staxx won it all last season*

"good" beer-Labatts

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Alzheimers takes such a long, terrible toll on the patient as well as the family.

you and Bill come down to sunny South Flori-duh in early April.

Palm Beach Raceway will be the opening of the Minimizer Big Rig Racing.

*you do know Staxx won it all last season*

"good" beer-Labatts

I think he has family or friends in Florida, he might be coming that way! He held up a can to the camera, but I forgot what it was-it was a blue and white can. I asked about Molsen, because that was the only Canadian beer I could think of- he doesn't drink Molsen. I think it's pretty good, but it's hard to find. He said after a couple of his beers I would be face down on the ground.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

He has some great stories- my all time trucking hero. Driving all across Canada and the U.S. in a B model Mack, no sleeper. I sent him a comment on his site years ago, and to my surprise he replied, and we've been friends ever since.

Read his stories 3 or 4 times, Very few of today's would make it. Sorry about his wife, I went through that with my pop and mom. Harder on the kin than them.

When he comes to Galdys take him up 15 to Fork Union We'll have a few Moose Heads on ice and a BBQ piglet.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thoughts and prayers. I lost my Mom to Alzheimers so I know how hard these years must have been for him.

Blue and White can; LaBatt's Blue

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!