Pictures of the Week

other dog

Damn Tom,

I think I'm going to have to start doing my grocery shopping in your neck of the woods!

Now what was that I came in here for?

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ron,

Seeing Tom's pictures we use to think the way you do.

But when we try things to do we found out we actually have no time to :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

miscellaneous pictures-

I went up to the shop in Concord today to put a bumper on a Dodge pickup. I got a piece of 3" square tubing Monday from Moore's Machine in Spout Spring, Va. They cut it to length, capped the ends, ground everything smooth for me, loaded it in my pickup, and only charged me $39. I told them you couldn't beat that with a stick. They're the same folks that made a lid and put an offset smoker box on my grill last year and charged me $50.

Looks like 4" tubing would have looked a little better, but it's thick wall tubing and pretty heavy so I was trying to save weight so I wouldn't have to put a counter weight on the front...this looks better than the "no bumper at all" I had at first anyway.

attachicon.gifDSCN1149.JPG

I cut some brackets out of a piece of plate and bolted them on, then I was just going to weld the tubing to the brackets and paint everything black.

I could have finished it today but I couldn't get the stupid welder to work. The wire wouldn't feed at all so I unscrewed the tip...still nothing...pulled on it with pliers...still nothing. The thing-a-ma-jig- or is it a thing-a-ma-bob?..I don't remember- anyhow, the thing in the machine was just spinning on the wire but it just wouldn't go through. Had plenty of wire. They should have the old fool-proof stick welder there, but they don't.

I put the license plate on the front too, but I didn't put one on the back because there's no bumper to put it on yet.

The truck washer guy took my truck to wash it too. He was just getting back when I was leaving so I went down to where he was hooking back up to the trailer and said "how am I supposed to be in Minneapolis at 7 in the morning when you're out riding around?" He started apologizing, then I told him I couldn't deliver in Troy, Va. until Tuesday. He said "man, that truck runs good- I left the stop light down here and it felt like somebody hit me in the ass!"

The difference in the way it runs and pulls compared to the Paccar engine is like night and day. It almost- almost- makes me look forward to getting in it and going up the road.

attachicon.gifDSCN1152.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN1155.JPG

And, I saw this girl in Winfall on the way home. She appeared to be broke down, but I didn't have time to stop and investigate the situation.

attachicon.gifhotw1.jpg

Vlad, from what I'm told women look/dress like this every day on the streets of Moscow???? True???

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Is that girl in the grocery store shopping for sausage? Kielbasa? Maybe a fresh fish of some kind- trout? Snapper?

Come to think of it, I did smell something fishy when I walked by- maybe the black and white thing in her cart was a killer whale, eh?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Vlad, from what I'm told women look/dress like this every day on the streets of Moscow???? True???

Your about right.

Maybe 5 inches longer skirt and it would be pretty common everyday dress for Moscow in summer.

Not many afford so high heels for everyday walk though.

By the word the licence plate on that picture tells the car is registered in Moscow.

It seems like Tommy had his very long ways off this past week :whistling:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Come to think of it, I did smell something fishy when I walked by- maybe the black and white thing in her cart was a killer whale, eh?

Looks like she already has the red snapper and she is lookin for a trouser trout.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

Your about right.

Maybe 5 inches longer skirt and it would be pretty common everyday dress for Moscow in summer.

Not many afford so high heels for everyday walk though.

By the word the licence plate on that picture tells the car is registered in Moscow.

It seems like Tommy had his very long ways off this past week :whistling:

I'll be making plans to visit next summer......

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.