New Unit

other dog

Sometimes things have a way of working out, Tom. Certainly is a good looking truck, I like the looks better than the old one. Hopefully you won't make much use of that pesky warranty, either. Best of luck with this one, you have paid your dues with shop time and breakdowns.

Gregg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sometimes things have a way of working out, Tom. Certainly is a good looking truck, I like the looks better than the old one. Hopefully you won't make much use of that pesky warranty, either. Best of luck with this one, you have paid your dues with shop time and breakdowns.

Gregg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping the ISX Cummins won't have the issues that the Paccar engines had, they were nothing but trouble. The red truck has 440-some thousand miles on it, and it's on it's third turbo.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

If Jeff ever calls you axing for binness advice, just ignore him.

Actually, he called me right after you told him about the red truck. He said "heavier truck, ISX 500, warranty is more expensive....What do you think?" I said "hey if that's the truck he wants, go for it, just get $50 a month outta his take home to make up for some of the sting of the larger payments." He seemed to think that was a fair compromise.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Actually, he called me right after you told him about the red truck. He said "heavier truck, ISX 500, warranty is more expensive....What do you think?" I said "hey if that's the truck he wants, go for it, just get $50 a month outta his take home to make up for some of the sting of the larger payments." He seemed to think that was a fair compromise.

Oh... you're a smart fellow, you'd be great in the personnel department, $50 a month is way better than $100 a week!

Besides, I haul more heavy loads over more big hills than anybody else. It's uphill all the way from Lynchburg to anywhere in Pa, and all the way back.

The W900s they've got have 550s in them.

• Like 1

Good Luck with the new truck!!! I know what you mean about moving S##T!! Better when you can do it rather than the shop tossing everything in a 4X4 foot cardboard tote bin!!

Thanks Brocky, you're right about that!

I came in Wednesday and fueled up, when they had that load of pipes going to Monongahela, Pa. Jeff came down from the office and said "you didn't put any fuel in that truck did you? I'll get Jimmy and them to start putting the boxes on it."

I said "about $400 worth- i've got to go up the road with a load of pipes."

So he said "OK, we'll do it Friday then."

And I got to the shop yesterday morning around 9 or 9:30 and I left at 3:30. They had to take the headache rack off, 2 tool boxes, secret spy cameras, pre-pass, ez pass, etc. then put it all on the new truck. I had to clean out the side boxes, transfer all the chains, binders, tarps,etc, then all my stuff on the inside- all that takes a long time!

The pickup is still loaded with crap now that i'm going up there tomorrow and put in it. I was going to do it today, but I had to go to Wal Mart and get some items for it, and it got kind of late, and I got distracted on the computer... I'm gonna go blow some leaves around now.

A $100.00 a week for Jeff paying a $160,000.00 seems more than fair. You get more power better motor. Jeff let's you pay the warranty. You should donate 1 load a month just for riding in a new truck.

Hmmmm...are you in cahoots with 1958 F.W.D?

• Like 1

Tom,

Nice looking KW. I see it has a DEF tank on the side. Knowing that, you don't have to stop at rest areas. Just topoff the tank when the urge strikes. And in cold temperatures you can use a funnel and tube connected to the tank thru the floor in the sleeper. :banana:

Good luck with your new "toy"!

BTW, the sleeper looks big enough to hold a couple Winfall wimmin! Just sayin'

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Tom,

Nice looking KW. I see it has a DEF tank on the side. Knowing that, you don't have to stop at rest areas. Just topoff the tank when the urge strikes. And in cold temperatures you can use a funnel and tube connected to the tank thru the floor in the sleeper. :banana:

Good luck with your new "toy"!

That DEF tank is only about half the size of the old one. I only had to fill it about every two to three weeks, I guess it'll be every week now. Not a big deal, but still..

• Like 1

That DEF tank is only about half the size of the old one. I only had to fill it about every two to three weeks, I guess it'll be every week now. Not a big deal, but still..At least your def tank is on that side. The Pete I'm running now its on the other side and nobodys pumps are on that side so you have to get the jugs and dump in.

Any chance you could post a couple shots of the interior of the sleeper? Thats a sharp looking ride, good luck with it!

I can take some tomorrow. The interior on the T660 is actually a lot nicer. Lot more storage space, and cabinets with doors- The bunk had 2 drawers on the driver's side, with a closet above them. On the passenger side the refrigerator is on the bottom, with a cabinet with 2 shelves above it, plus storage spaces up top at each end of the bunk. All the new truck has is a big open space for a closet, no doors on it, no drawers, and 2 shelves on the passenger side, no doors, and no top storage spaces at the ends.