Couldn't help myself

68-f-model

Don't beat me up over the ratchet strap tie downs it is what I had since my chains and binders haven't arrive yet.

It's not us you have to worry about.....(ok maybe a little.) It's the DOT man and that black, leather-bound binder that he carries with him that would have made me think twice before I left the yard with that load. They DO occasionally roam country roads....Also here in Pa. local cops have DOT officers that can, have and will continue to pull guys over on back roads, inspect, red-tag and fine you......Just sayin.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I was worried about the DOT. But considering Michigan has had a decreasing number of police in the last few years I figured the odds were minimal that I would bump into one. I stayed on the way way back roads and only did about 35 mph. The larger issue was my apparent lack of ability to shift smoothly, it was down right embarrassing.

It has a 237 turbo and a 5 speed. The wide front tires make a handy step for getting in and out.

I need to get the cab and trailer sand blasted now so I can paint them and look presentable (less of a magnet for the law).

• Like 2

Farmers tend to vote in greater numbers than truck drivers. They also talk to each other more, and are around to give their reps an earful at townhall meetings as well as at their office. It is no surprise they get the carve-outs and exemptions that they do compared to the average run-of-the-mill OTR operation.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!