New guy in WI

66rmack

Blue truck looks good!

You might start doing work on your original truck and keep your eye for more parts during that.

It sure will take some while until you have the most of the chassis done.

Good luck on the project and welcome on here!

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

34,000 is light but would be useful for a tractor doing strictly highway work. 38,000 or 44,000 on conventional camel back is more common than seeing 34 on an inverted spring. I don't have any information on one being better than the other but there may have been thinking that it could provide a smoother ride.

You could weld on new frame sections and add a cross member to your chassis. On a tractor, you are only holding up the tail lights. If you were going to make it into a dump truck, you would have do more extensive work for rail strength.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

34,000 is light but would be useful for a tractor doing strictly highway work. 38,000 or 44,000 on conventional camel back is more common than seeing 34 on an inverted spring. I don't have any information on one being better than the other but there may have been thinking that it could provide a smoother ride.

You could weld on new frame sections and add a cross member to your chassis. On a tractor, you are only holding up the tail lights. If you were going to make it into a dump truck, you would have do more extensive work for rail strength.

I need to do something with the frame I know it doesn't matter for anything other than appearance, but I just want it to look factory. Not farmer'd. The coupler is another story...😬

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys I had the steel shop form me some steel so I can add to the back of the frame at least enough to get mud guards back on the thing. As for the springs in the back it rides pretty dang smooth empty. Lol almost as smooth as air ride.

The old lady and I pulled the trick In and cut the frame and put the new 24" sections I had made. It's starting to look like its supposed to again. Sorry about the upside down pics. Posting from my phone and I can't seem to get them to flip.

post-21252-0-41527700-1448553964_thumb.j

post-21252-0-00838300-1448554010_thumb.j

post-21252-0-29027200-1448554037_thumb.j

• Like 2

I really like them. My dad seems to be holding out on me. I know he is getting excited to see it. I just need to finis the frame. Then fix a couple oil leaks, and a air leak before I can drive it from my work In ND to home in WI. Don't want to get hassled by the long arm of the law..