B-73 Restoration

3 minutes ago, Mark T said:

You have to love the seeing the fan's reflection in that right side door.  Truck's coming out fantastic, nice work.

The paint really came out great. I try to keep the cab covered when I’m not actually working on it, to keep the dust off. But, I can’t help looking at it. I try to be so careful working on it so I don’t mess it up. No rings or watches and try to pad everything, two hands on the tools so I don’t slip....

• Like 2

It really is! After all the work the last two winters and painting it in October, so rewarding to be at this point. I’ve had a few friends stop over, that saw it sitting when I took it apart to store it, and can’t believe how it looks now.

1 hour ago, mattb73lt said:

It really is! After all the work the last two winters and painting it in October, so rewarding to be at this point. I’ve had a few friends stop over, that saw it sitting when I took it apart to store it, and can’t believe how it looks now.

(lol)  Can't believe how it looks ?   I'm not surprised how it looks. I think back to when someone questioned if parts of it were stored in the house. Your response was " the wife might get upset "  (or something to that effect)  so at some point you must have thought about bringing it in ? ??  (lol)  No surprise at all it's coming out nice

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark T said:

(lol)  Can't believe how it looks ?   I'm not surprised how it looks. I think back to when someone questioned if parts of it were stored in the house. Your response was " the wife might get upset "  (or something to that effect)  so at some point you must have thought about bringing it in ? ??  (lol)  No surprise at all it's coming out nice

Well, yeah, considering how rough it was to start. Certainly things migrate from time to time into the house, especially when I don’t feel like heating up the barn. My wife is a saint with what she puts up with, at times. My skills have certainly improved over the years and I haven’t been this deep into a restoration in about thirty years. Everyone’s comments and insights are so appreciated as this progresses. I just keep thinking, it’s FINALLY getting done!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bench work today. Starting to wire up the dash. I’m glad the whole thing comes out of the truck. A lot easier to get it all done, then install it as a unit. It would a lot harder to try and do it with it in. Still lots of sub-projects waiting to be finished as parts are still out for work and shipment. But, moving along and getting it done.

9E1F8958-D76E-4E75-BC23-01E4CBB15235.jpeg

409EB780-0A33-458F-9536-FFE35A00FAA6.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice neat ... you will have an entire brand new truck when your done.. thanks for sharing Oh also went from vacuum to electric took motor from  a 55 Chevy put it in   49 Ford  years ago I do remember I had to modify something but the motor was pretty much identical... bob

• Like 1