My travels today

HeavyGunner

Nice country. What are coon feeders? Out on our farm they're Ruger 10-22's

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Take an old tire still mounted on a wheel, lay it on its side and cut inch and a half holes in the side wall with a hole saw then fill it with 3way cob mix. Keeps the coons away from farms and decent hunting for my dogs during the warm months. Kind of a win win I think.

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Gods country!! Sure fortunate to be there.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I know it, I read other dogs thread on his travels and couldn't imagine driving in all that traffic. On the other hand im hour(s) away from lots of conveniences. Until recently the closest Wally World was 96 miles away one way. Now there is one 60 miles away one way, but I wouldn't trade the peace and seclusion for nothing.

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

i wish our wally mart was 60 miles away! at 35 miles the wife thinks thats a ok drive. at 60 she would rethink going there 2 times a week

Yep I hear ya. We pick a direction once a month and drive to one of the "big" towns and get our monthly staples. I try to make sure I'm not around that day.

i wish our wally mart was 60 miles away! at 35 miles the wife thinks thats a ok drive. at 60 she would rethink going there 2 times a week

Try having one 4 miles away and another 18 miles away. I only go there 7 am to buy groceries every 2 weeks. I can't wait to get to Vafull time. 1/2 mile just on my drivewaythere.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've only been to Montana one time. That was in January a few years ago and I remember thinking then that it was the prettiest place i'd ever seen.

I get into some traffic, but it's not usually too bad. I do most of my running across West Virginia and Western Pa. We've got guys that run northeast all the time, to D.C, Baltimore, N.Y, N.J. Ct, etc. Now that I couldn't handle, but they like it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I was out to Karaspell Mt., about 5 years ago would love to go back.Drug home a 1956 Ford F600.

I grew up in that area. Totally beautiful and breath taking. Too many people moved there for my taste plus I can't afford the land prices there.

Here's an underground nuclear missile silo. They are dotted all over eastern side of Montana.

post-8681-0-53020100-1435544198_thumb.jp

Nothing for miles

post-8681-0-89937400-1435544273_thumb.jp

The rims north of billings

post-8681-0-96586100-1435544395_thumb.jp

Went home a different way up through Laurel to visit a friend, then up thru Harlowton, Judith Gap, Stanford then home.

Hit a rainstorm while heading toward the Crazy Mountains.

post-8681-0-67106600-1435544703_thumb.jp

People enjoying the Yellowstone River

Harlowton in the forground and wind farm at Judith Gap in the back ground

post-8681-0-94167100-1435545157_thumb.jp

The back side of Square butte

post-8681-0-61182100-1435545279_thumb.jp

Heading down the bottom toward Geraldine

post-8681-0-67146000-1435545377_thumb.jp

Sand stone near Geraldine

post-8681-0-59080500-1435545463_thumb.jp

post-8681-0-34374500-1435544961_thumb.jp

• Like 2