Used B Mack wiring harness

ttttrucks

I have spent so much money on fixing this burnt truck and the harness I have coming is lots of money to. I was wondering if anyone had a used harness they could sell me to keep my cost down a bit on the restoration of this truck. I will pay for the new one if its the only way to go but just thought someone might have a good used one I could get for a lot cheaper then new. The new harness will be ready in 4 to 6 weeks so mean wail if I can find a alternative way to go less expensive that would be a big help. Can anyone help me out? Thanks Mike Bryan.

post-18919-0-89225800-1426255461_thumb.j

I would assume that harnesses are built to order so you must have paid already. I'm not sure that will all pan out IF you can find a used one worth using. A used harness is probably the best way to get the truck back to the present condition quickly. Out of curisoity, was it in a building that burnt or what? It is too evenly cooked to have had an engine fire...I'm guessing.

Good luck.

I am all for saving money but finding a GOOD used harness for a 50-60 year old truck is going to be tough. Even if someone hasn't been there to fix it before you get it, the insulation is going to be all dried out and brittle making removal and re-installation a mess.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Agree, finding something worth taking out of a 50+ yr old truck and making it useful again will be a tough deal. Way too common to have them butchered up to find one worth keeping. Like mentioned, the insulation will be dried and broken too.

Not factory, but places like Ron Francis and Painless have universal wiring kits that would be easily adapted. Unless you are dead set on originality.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Believe me trying to reuse a wiring harness is not the way to go.I'm in the middle of redoing my 1964 B87 and have removed the harness and it can't be used over.What I am going to do to have the truck up and running is to rewire it my self.It is not all that bad to do.Good Luck

Used

Like the others already said dried out ,brittle ,butchered

Mine didn't look to bad til I took it out wanted to crumble

Everywhere .

Not to mention fire hazzard

Don't want to go to all that work restoring truck

And have truck burn up on me .

So I'm going to copy it using newer wire better insulated

The mack museum sent me the wire diagram for it so that will help

Build new harness as well as having my old one to copy

Good luck with your project Steve

Ok I will stick with the new one that was ordered. The company that I ordered it from takes the order and u wait till it is ready to be shipped and then you pay for it 4 to 6 weeks it will be ready for me. Yes the red truck that I use in my posts is the burnt truck and it was in a building that burnt down its running now just have to re wirier it and see what works and fix it like head lights and running lights clean up and fix dash that kind of thing.

The good side of me says do it all up with paint and all. . . The fun side say make everything work and motor vehicle legal put in dark tinted glass and drive it as it is. It would defiantly a hot ticket at Cruise Nite. :) Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

That's my plan new glass dark tint after inspection new chrome and paint the rims red again with beauty rings and caps new stacks 5" diameter miter cut its all ordered and most of it is here and going on it I will drive it like that for a few years then I will do it right

• Like 1