The U In Chu & Cxu

I've heard on these posts that the U in chu and cxu stood for ultra low sulpher fuel. If I remember right the chu and cxu changed from the chn and cxn in late 2005 or so. Ultra low sulpher fuel didn't start until 2007. Maybee the U stands for upgrade. Maybee someone knows the answer. Just curious.

I've heard on these posts that the U in chu and cxu stood for ultra low sulpher fuel. If I remember right the chu and cxu changed from the chn and cxn in late 2005 or so. Ultra low sulpher fuel didn't start until 2007. Maybee the U stands for upgrade. Maybee someone knows the answer. Just curious.

U broke down.............sorry I couldn't help my self

The way I understand it CXN became CXP with the MP engine and new cab. The US07 engine made it a CXU. You can get a CHN but there are no CHP's

The way I understand it CXN became CXP with the MP engine and new cab. The US07 engine made it a CXU. You can get a CHN but there are no CHP's

It seems that Volvo must be using the Swedish alphabet to assign these letters to the Macks, since none are consistent.

As a dealer mechanic I have been trying to learn 'Swenglish' for the past couple of years but it is starting to get ridiculous!

Too bad Mack can't just buy itself back from Volvo. All would good then..

• 1 month later...

The U is actually for Ultra Low Sulfer. I'm waiting to see what the 2010 version will be with the SCR and Urea Tank

GUSCR fulla Pee

MRUSCR gotta Pee

LEUSCR Pee on U

Who knows how many more iterations there will be. The CT was with the old grey mack engine. The CTP was with the red pre emmisons engine. GU was code named the "fusion" to regard the similarites between the Mack and Volvo products. CT was the first Volvo frame used on a Mack, to my knowledge.

Know what I think??

Volvo is being sentimental with the successful names of the past with Mack and is going to build on that heritage with their new product line.

Their future system of letters and numbers identifying their models reflect on the past with the name of "Remembrance".

The new truck will be based on one of the most successful cabover designs of all times so will begin with the letter "F" model designation.

Following the "F" will be a "U" series designation to denote the short hooded design that is reminiscent of the past models such as the "EHU" and such.

Following the letter "U" will be a the letter "K" to annotate that the corporate structure of Volvo has the ability to effectively kill any history or pride of a company and/or product produced by something without their name upon it.

Of course the new platform will have a Volvo engine, (without the phony MP series designation) so the engine alpha character will be another "U".

Again, reflecting on the successes from the past with this new truck having such "heritage" built into it; The new truck will also receive the designation "II" in the nomenclature.

It will once again be easy to decypher the model designation when it it viewed in it's entirety:

The new Volvo "FUK-U-II"

It is happening. The way to stop it is to not purchase their product. It's elementary math, no sales, no profit, no Volvo. Mack would be "spun off in short order" if sales were to fall. With the remaining big fleets and LTL carriers buying hundreds of copies at a time, Volvo posts millions in profits, and that is just what they want.

In the future when the Mack branded truck becomes completely Volvo in every aspect, brand loyalty will suffer, market share will dwindle, profits will fall, and the company will be either shut down, or spun off again. That's business any way it is sliced.

I don't see the brightest of "long term" futures for Mack Trucks Inc. I do however live in the past quite often.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Know what I think??

Volvo is being sentimental with the successful names of the past with Mack and is going to build on that heritage with their new product line.

Their future system of letters and numbers identifying their models reflect on the past with the name of "Remembrance".

The new truck will be based on one of the most successful cabover designs of all times so will begin with the letter "F" model designation.

Following the "F" will be a "U" series designation to denote the short hooded design that is reminiscent of the past models such as the "EHU" and such.

Following the letter "U" will be a the letter "K" to annotate that the corporate structure of Volvo has the ability to effectively kill any history or pride of a company and/or product produced by something without their name upon it.

Of course the new platform will have a Volvo engine, (without the phony MP series designation) so the engine alpha character will be another "U".

Again, reflecting on the successes from the past with this new truck having such "heritage" built into it; The new truck will also receive the designation "II" in the nomenclature.

It will once again be easy to decypher the model designation when it it viewed in it's entirety:

The new Volvo "FUK-U-II"

It is happening. The way to stop it is to not purchase their product. It's elementary math, no sales, no profit, no Volvo. Mack would be "spun off in short order" if sales were to fall. With the remaining big fleets and LTL carriers buying hundreds of copies at a time, Volvo posts millions in profits, and that is just what they want.

In the future when the Mack branded truck becomes completely Volvo in every aspect, brand loyalty will suffer, market share will dwindle, profits will fall, and the company will be either shut down, or spun off again. That's business any way it is sliced.

I don't see the brightest of "long term" futures for Mack Trucks Inc. I do however live in the past quite often.

Rob

what about the sloped hood C-model? They should throw that in there somewhere for history's sake

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

that's kinda' what I was gettin' at,in a roundabout way! :P

I used to think nocluejoe was funniest , but I don't know-Rob is funnier than a screen door on a submarine! :lol:

I dunno much about funny but most around here think I'm as fucked up as a soup sandwich!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.