Mercury Sleeper

68-f-model

I'll double your money and give you $2 for it. Maybe even through in 50 cents for picking it up.

I got a little more than that in it,but luckily it's all in parts trading. Come to find out,this came off a '76 R600 the guy is fixing up and I just happened to have a few things he was needing. Going to work out good for both of us.

• Like 2

I got a little more than that in it,but luckily it's all in parts trading. Come to find out,this came off a '76 R600 the guy is fixing up and I just happened to have a few things he was needing. Going to work out good for both of us.

If you came up and picked it up today you could have swung by and helped wash hoppers. Pizza was provided and the conversation is usually pretty interesting.

• Like 1

If you came up and picked it up today you could have swung by and helped wash hoppers. Pizza was provided and the conversation is usually pretty interesting.

That was the original plan,but ended up I had to work this a.m. I coulda brought my hopper,too had I known you were having a wash party,it sure needs it,but been too damn cold for this old man to do it.

That was the original plan,but ended up I had to work this a.m. I coulda brought my hopper,too had I known you were having a wash party,it sure needs it,but been too damn cold for this old man to do it.

Party is a bit of an over statement. We washed 6 out of 7 hoppers and the tractors hooked to them. The 7th didn't get done cuz it hadn't been on the road since it's last bath. Even got a tractor and a flatbed thru. Arms are tired and the feet are wet.

Nice saddle tanks. I've got half of my two about ready for paint...still have to drain the 50G left hand one. It doesn't leak so I just need to blast and prep for paint with a few small tasks to make sure it stays leak free...the top plate harbors crud and causes rust. Need to grind the welds off and clean that out, rust proof and reinstall.

Love the sleeper too...

Nice saddle tanks. I've got half of my two about ready for paint...still have to drain the 50G left hand one. It doesn't leak so I just need to blast and prep for paint with a few small tasks to make sure it stays leak free...the top plate harbors crud and causes rust. Need to grind the welds off and clean that out, rust proof and reinstall.

Love the sleeper too...

They guy I got this stuff from is fixing up a '76 R model,he threw the tanks in on the deal.Their good tanks,he just put aluminum ones on it.

Glad you were able to pick the stuff up,Mike. I worked from 5am-7pm yesterday. Good thing you picked it up,though. I would have called and said,"sorry, it just fell off my flatbed"! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA