Mack Budd Hubs

jakebrake86

All my friends say I'm crazy but I just like daytons on an R model. Plus, my RD has them all around and I'd like to have both trucks set up the same way. I've never thought of them as a pain, either. I'd rather pull both tires with 5 or 6 lugs instead of 20, and all you need is a stout 1/2" impact to work on them. I do all my own tire mounting (mainly because the guys at the tire shop don't know how to work on them anymore,) and I've gotten pretty good at getting them lined up and running true.

• Like 1

Jake

A while back I was talking to a guy from the West coast and he called them "Oklahoma cultivator wheels". They are ok if you true them , and don't use a 1" gun on 3/4-10 studs.

Just recently the left front wheel and tire came off turning right from broken studs.

This one the right front tire and wheel came off, one broken stud. (spoke marks near white line) The tire rolled up to the gray house on the right. (run away tires another serious problem). Fortunately no one was injured, but the owner took the truck out of service , and the driver refused to drive it.

Both class 8 trucks with 6 spokes.

FW

post-146-0-50361300-1419392201_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-73756300-1419392225_thumb.jpg

ya know what 2 Dayton wheels and 2 budd wheels are good for?......................making a wood stove!........put a budd on each end and the daytons in the middle...... fill in the holes and make a door on one end the opening in the budd wheel will become the draft . I will have to take a pic of mine, and post.

• Like 1

Taste come in different shape and size, but i've rarely heard that many good comment on spoke..

Maxidyne237, are the budds on the west coast F for sale?

the tube 22" aluminum wheels are going to be for sale but the budd hubs are staying put. I need some variety. Out of 20 Macks I will have two on Budds. I think thats enough.