10.00r22 tires

Looking for some good 10.00r22 drive tires for the brockway Called the tire guy i use and he didn't have any new ones. I only need one or two but i would definitely be interested in more . I could also use some 12r24.5s for the steer axle. i' am located near Reading PA.

I have some 10_22s but I would run 24.5s on the front. 11 24.5s are good for 14 something. I think. Floats would look good but you have to change hubs. Do you have wedge or s-cams.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I have wedge brakes on the front. I have six decent 10.00x22 bias tires on the drives now. I have four new recap 11r24.5 and one new virgin 10.00r22 in the shed. I think the smart move might be to buy four more 24.5s just because it will be impossible to find road service for the 22s.

• Like 1

If you have 24.5" on the front I would suggest getting a set of 12R24.5s for the front. They are good for more weight then a regular 11r24.5 and also look better on a front axle.

I agree, 11r24.5 on the front of a triaxle is a bad idea. I was quoted a good price on some Chinese ( windpower/ aeoleus ) 12Rs. They look like a strait up knock off of the Bridgestones i have and they are load range J (8270lbs. single) which is better than anything else i have found( all the big names are H rated about 7800lbs) But i just don't know if i can get over where they come from when all i seam t do these days is bitch about chinese crap/quality.

I decided to catch up with the times and switch to 11r24.5s on the drives. post-2286-0-11583100-1418618242_thumb.jp I didn't realize how hard to come by 22s are. My brother thought he had some and i went and looked he had 2 45 foot trailers full of tube type tires and no decent 22s. Called a local tire shop(STTC) guy said he hadn't sold any in years but i could run 10.00x22 next to 11r24.5s. They look like different heights to me (both tires in the pic are new retreads).post-2286-0-75693300-1418618136_thumb.jp Anyway if anyone is interested i now have some 10.00X22 bias tires on rims for sale. They are all retreads. Two are new, four are decent. and the last two you don't have to take if you don't want them (ok casings). I think five hundred for the set would be reasonable.

What did you have to change to go from 22 to 24.5?

I was always told that the spider was specific to the rim size.

Am I wrong?

I have a trailer that has 20's on it and I would like to switch it over to 22.5 or 24.5 after the tractor is done and I decide on a tire size.

Yes I know I might have to change the fifth wheel risers, but that is already planned due to a change in the suspension requiring us to do some work to the angles.