Forgotten Day.

41chevy

Pissed me off too! One small article deep in the newspaper. At least two of the comics commerated the day. The newspapers are too busy stirring the Ferguson & Staten Island pots and they wonder why people don't want to read their BS.

• Like 2

But you'd better not miss the big Christmas Mattress Blowout. :thumbsdown:

Only if we use the cover for cumo slobby

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Shameful that in so many ways we don't deserve the sacrifice those men made. We should wake up every day and be grateful that we live in America and that this means we are free. Free to do whatever we want (which is lawful unless you are the president of course) and thank all the people who fought and died so we could. It's a dam shame. We can't even be bothered to say yah those guys kicked ass and did what was hard because it was important, not because it was easy.

Freedom isn't free and when we forget that, we don't deserve it.

God Bless America and all those who did what had to be done for Her and for all of us.

• Like 1

well im right with you all...was traveling and out, most of the day,,,didnt see too much TV,,,,but guess obambi,s gang in ferguson,,,took all the coverage...wow..paul...i think i remember you mentioning the same thing last year,,,sorry for all your losses...bob

Grrrr

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The World War II Memorial has an on line registry for those that served:

http://wwiimemorial.com/

If your family or friends are not listed you can add them. A lot of good stuff there.

I got every family member who served in WWII listed, including my moms sister who was a WAC flying fighters out of Republic Aircraft to New Jersey.

Oyster Bay still has it's Honor Roll in the Village from WWI to now for all the locals who served and a separate one for the Revolutionary war to the Spanish American War, dedicated by Teddy Roosevelt and Quentin Roosevelt in 1909. As kids we climbed all over and played on the Dahlgren gun from the USS Maine and a Parrot Gun from the Civil War Blockade ship the USS .R.R. Cuyler. The Memorials have perpetual care from the Derby and Roosevelt families. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE